Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Style Options when Using WP or DOC format

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Style Options when Using WP or DOC format
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
Hello,

I have a question about displaying report output in Word format. We have a customer who would like their report output in Word and have certain style options they would like to be able apply (fonts, right/left justify, alignment, etc.) My experience with the output options are to use either WP or DOC. However I think that this just opens a basic text file and doesn't honor most style sheet settings -- but I'm willing to be wrong about this! In my experience, most people usually use html or pdf (or even an Excel template) when they need more control over style, most people who use WP or DOC seem happy enough with just the basic text output. So, this is the first time I've had this type of request.

Anyway, does anyone know of a way that report output can be opened in Word that will respect style sheet settings?

(This customer is using WF 7.6.6 on AIX)

Thanks for any info,

Debbie Sullivan

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Posts: 52 | Location: Merrimack, NH | Registered: August 17, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
This is a work in progress that tries to style FORMAT DOC, by holding as EXL2K and returning as DOC.

DEFINE FILE CAR
 PageBreak/A200 = '</FONT></TD></TR></table><span><br clear=all style=''mso-special-character:line-break;page-break-before:always''>'
                | '</span><TABLE X:STR BORDER=0 CELLPADDING=0 CELLSPACING=0><TR><TD>' ;
END

TABLE FILE CAR
HEADING
"DOC Test"

PRINT CAR MODEL BODYTYPE
BY    COUNTRY PAGE-BREAK

FOOTING BOTTOM
"<PageBreak"
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
 TYPE=TITLE, STYLE=BOLD, BACKCOLOR=YELLOW, COLOR=BLUE, $
 TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=CAR, COLOR=RED, $
 TYPE=HEADING, STYLE=BOLD, SIZE=14, COLOR=PURPLE, FONT=ARIAL, $
ENDSTYLE

ON TABLE HOLD AS H_DOC2 FORMAT EXL2K
END

-RUN

SET HTMLFORMTYPE = DOC

-HTMLFORM H_DOC2

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
This code will produce styled DOC output. However, try as I might, I could not get rid of the spurious cell/border lines around the heading and at the bottom of the report. In fact, the only approach that seemed to "remove" any of the cell/border lines was to make them white.

TABLE FILE CAR
 SUM SEATS
 BY COUNTRY
 BY CAR
 BY MODEL
 HEADING
  "DOC Output with Formatting"
 ON TABLE HOLD AS HOLD1 FORMAT HTMTABLE
 ON TABLE SET PAGE NOPAGE
 ON TABLE SET BYDISPLAY ON
 ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
 ON TABLE SET STYLE *
  TYPE=REPORT, SIZE=10, BORDER=LIGHT, BORDER-COLOR=WHITE, $
  TYPE=HEADING, SIZE=14, JUSTIFY=CENTER, COLOR=BLUE, $
  TYPE=TITLE, SIZE=12, STYLE=BOLD, BORDER-BOTTOM=MEDIUM, BORDER-BOTTOM-COLOR=BLACK, $
  TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=COUNTRY, STYLE=ITALIC, COLOR=BLUE, $
  TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=SEATS, COLOR=RED, STYLE=BOLD, WHEN=SEATS GT 4, $
 ENDSTYLE
END
SET HTMLFORMTYPE = DOC
-RUN
-HTMLFORM BEGIN
!IBI.FIL.HOLD1 ;
-HTMLFORM END

WebFOCUS 7.7.05

Posts: 1213 | Location: Seattle, Washington - USA | Registered: October 22, 2007Report This Post