Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED]Full Justification using Precision Report for PDF output

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED]Full Justification using Precision Report for PDF output
 Login/Join

posted
I am using the Precision Report Tool in Developer Studio to generate a report in PDF. Is it possible to do the following:

1. Is there an option with code to do full justification (instead of just right, left and center) for text?
2. How do I turn off the "snap-to-grid" feature?

Thanks,
Shantie

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Emily McAllister>,

Output: Excel, PDF, HTML

Posts: 23 | Location: New London | Registered: October 15, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
By tweaking the code I have found how to turn off the grid, turn on the ruler and remove the snap-to-grid.

TYPE=REPORT,
GRID=OFF,
FONT='TIMES NEW ROMAN',
SIZE=11,
NAME=Page,
STYLE=NORMAL,
METADATA='>GUIDE>show=1,snap=1,GRID>show=0,snap=0,sizex=12,sizey=12,RULER>show=1, JUSTIFY=DEFAULT,

However, I am not sure what I can do to do full justification on the letter. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Shantie

This message has been edited. Last edited by: srattans,

posted Hide Post
If anyone has any suggestions on how I can make the text fully justified please do share.

Thanks,
Shantie

Expert
posted Hide Post
Hi Shantie,

This online document may be of interest:

How to justify text in PDF with Precision Report?

There should be an option Show/hide the grid in the Precision Report layout.
For more information, please check the Creating Precision Reports in the Creating Reports With Graphical Tools manual(DN4500797.0909).

Cheers,

Kerry

Kerry Zhan
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders, Inc.

Posts: 1948 | Location: New York | Registered: November 16, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I tried this but it only works with one line in the heading of the precision report. When I try adding multiple lines to the heading and using the style to add "markup=on", the output behaves strangely. this is the code:

-* File TESTFULL.fex
DEFINE FILE CAR
WW/A500 = '<right>February 12, 2010</right>';
XX/A1000 = '<full>[b]' | COUNTRY | 'Fully Justified Heading:[/b] Customer Service Is Everything. At Information Builders, we are as open and flexible as our software, and our customers are our greatest asset. For every new product and feature, there''''s a customer who drove it. For every customer there''''s an answer. Our customer-centric philosophy is backed up by an integrated support network of people passionately dedicated to the success of your business initiatives. Consulting, Education, Technical Support, Product Development the support network is the sum of these groups, and it stands ready to help you. Information Builders has also created a community Web site for our developers. At Focal Point, you can visit our message boards and browse through numerous helpful resources.</full>';
YY/A1000 = '<full>[b]Again ... Fully Justified Heading:[/b] Customer Service Is Everything. At Information Builders, we are as open and flexible as our software, and our customers are our greatest asset. For every new product and feature, there''''s a customer who drove it. For every customer there''''s an answer. Our customer-centric philosophy is backed up by an integrated support network of people passionately dedicated to the success of your business initiatives. Consulting, Education, Technical Support, Product Development the support network is the sum of these groups, and it stands ready to help you. Information Builders has also created a community Web site for our developers. At Focal Point, you can visit our message boards and browse through numerous helpful resources.</full>';
ZZ/A4000 = WW | '<br>' | XX | '<br>' | YY ;
END
TABLE FILE CAR
BY 'CAR.ORIGIN.COUNTRY' NOPRINT

ON CAR.ORIGIN.COUNTRY PAGE-BREAK
HEADING
"<ZZ"
ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM OFF
ON TABLE SET NEWLAYOUT ON
ON TABLE SET COMPOSITION DEFAULT
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT PDF
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
     UNITS=IN,
     SQUEEZE=ON,
     ORIENTATION=PORTRAIT,
$
TYPE=REPORT,
     GRID=OFF,
     FONT='COURIER',
     SIZE=10,
     NAME=Page,
     METADATA='>GUIDE>show=1,snap=1,<GUIDE<>GRID>show=1,snap=1,sizex=12,sizey=12,<GRID<>RULER>show=0,<RULER<',
$
TYPE=HEADING,
     POSITION=(1.000000 2.000000),
	 MARKUP=ON,
     WRAP=ON,
     DIMENSION=(7.000000 4.000000),
$
TYPE=HEADING,
     LINE=1,
     WRAP=ON,
     DIMENSION=(6.125000 4.500000),
     NAME=TEXT,
     PARENT=Heading,
     METADATA='anchor=0,parentanchor=0,flags=11,line=1,item=0',
$
TYPE=FOOTING,
     POSITION=(2.000000 8.000000),
     NAME=Footing,
$
TYPE=DATAMATRIX,
     NAME=Data Matrix,
     POSITION=(0.000000 0.000000),
     DIMENSION=(5.000000 3.000000),
     METADATA='focusverb=,flags=1>DB>anchor=0,parentanchor=0,flags=1,line=0,item=0<DB<',
$
ENDSTYLE
END

When I remove the section
TYPE=HEADING,
     LINE=1,
     WRAP=ON,
     DIMENSION=(6.125000 4.500000),
     NAME=TEXT,
     PARENT=Heading,
     METADATA='anchor=0,parentanchor=0,flags=11,line=1,item=0',
$

it then does the justification but I no longer have control over different lines. How do I add multiple lines to the header and control the positioning of each line and still use full justification?

Thanks,
Shantie

posted Hide Post
Confused Sweating

posted Hide Post
I have a question. While using the precision report painter the Precision Tool Box is missing. When I toggle between source and report it appears briefly then disappears. Documentation states that it can be hidden or displayed from view/toolbars menu. But I see nothing there that enables and disables the Precision Tool Box. Can anyone please help with this? Thanks

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs