Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] capture userid

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] capture userid
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
Hi,

I have a html page, test.htm, with a link in it that points to a fex,test.fex
When test.htm opens up, it asks for login/pwd authentication which is being done against a RACF database on MVS.
test.htm resides on the webfocus client, on the webserver. test.fex resides on the reporting server - both on z/os

test.htm is protected and has a protect directive in httpd.conf file and therefore when it is opened, it requires login/pwd authentication.

httpd.conf file looks like this:

ServerRoot /xx/yy10.name.com/...
Port 1111 #

Protection RACF_Logon {
ServerId RACF_PROTECT
UserID %%CLIENT%%
PasswdFile %%zzz%%%
Authtype Basic
Mask All
ACLOverride Off
}

Protect /xx/* RACF_Logon %%CLIENT%% #

I am unable to determine how to capture the userid and pass it to the fex.

Thanks.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WF 7.1.1, WF Developer studio 7.1.1, Windows & Mainframe, HTML

Expert
posted Hide Post
go to your webfocus admin console
look at diagnostics
and then at http request info
and see what varibles you're seeing passed.
then ask whoever is in charge of whatever sec pkg your site uses and ask what to expect. (eg. site minder using active directory, etc etc)

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
I have this in my site.wfs on the webfocus client.

IBI_REPORT_USER = &REMOTE_USER
IBI_REPORT_USER (pass)

This is returning EDASQL10 instead of the user_id.

Any ideas?

Expert
posted Hide Post
Have you enabled IWA on your windows server?
(integrated windows authentication)
that's what creates the &REMOTE_USER

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Hi Susannah,
How would i turn IWA on?
I am using IBM webserver and Websphere. Would i still need to enable IWA?

Thanks!

Expert
posted Hide Post
that's an IIS thing...
don't know about websphere

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Would it be possible for you to do the following:

1) Go to your test page and authenticate.

2) Go to the following web page on your WebFOCUS Client:
/ibi_apps/wfsysinf.jsp

It is typical for the userid to be passed in REMOTE_USER, I believe even in RACF. As a result its kind of odd you're getting that other userid if that is not what you're authenticating with.

Where are you seeing the userid EDASQL10?

Are you seeing that if you run a report:
-TYPE &REMOTE_USER

WF 71.x, 76.x, 7701, 8.0 Beta OS: Linux, Win2k3, Win2k, Win2k8, WinXP

Posts: 203 | Registered: November 19, 2007Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
1. I logged into my home page with my logon credentials and then went to the http://xxx.abc.com:1111/ibi_apps/wfsysinf.jsp page and i see that REMOTE_USER is showing as null.

2. I have the following in my site.wfs file

IBI_REPORT_USER = &REMOTE_USER                        
<SET> IBI_REPORT_USER (pass)  

and in my edasprod.prf file i have this

-SET &&USERID=CNCTUSR('A30');

and then in my report when I do
-TYPE &&USER_ID I am seeing EDASQL10

in the site.wfs file, instead of REMOTE_USER, If I use HTTP_HOST, SERVER_NAME, REMOTE_HOST, REMOTE_ADDRESS,SERVER_SOFTWARE - all these information are coming through except REMOTE_USER.

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Does the userid you are using to log in show as any variable on the wfsysinf.jsp page?

If not, then it seems your web server is not
passing the userid.

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
EDASQL10

I am not sure if this will answer your question but at least it is a start. Check the IBI website and documentation for techniques.

http://techsupport.information...om/sps/20242025.html - Automatically authenticate Logon

Also I wasn't sure if you were trying to use a generic ID or use an individual ID and password.

Remember &&UserId is Global, &UserId is Local variable. Hope this helps somewhat.

WebFOCUS & ReportCaster 8.1.05, 7.7.03 - AIX/LINUX, FOCUS 7.6.13 MVS, Output PDF, XLS-XLSX, DOCX and HTML

Posts: 146 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: May 31, 2007Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
dlogan,
I too feel that the webserver is not passing the userid. Any other way I can verify this?

Rhonda,
I am doing the same thing. trying to set REMOTE_USER in IBI_REPORT_USER (instead of a hard coded id). The REMOTE_USER is not coming through.That's the problem.

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
The wfsysinf.jsp page will reflect back all HTTP Header variables that are set.

As a result if you're not seeing the userid in there, then its not being passed by the Reporting Server.

An HTTP Header variable is pretty much the only way that a web server has to pass a variable like that. It can theoretically pass a session variable, but this is not really standard.

Gold member
posted Hide Post
So, does the webserver neeed to be configured to pass the REMOTE_USER variable?

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
If you want the userid to be available, the web server needs to be configured to pass the userid.

The standard field to pass it in is REMOTE_USER, but you can get at the variable in any variable its passed to.