Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] output to excel from in ASP.net after calling WF via service

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] output to excel from in ASP.net after calling WF via service
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
Hi,

I have an ASP.NET application that is calling 3 webfocus reports via a webservice one after the other. They have the option to get the output in excel, so after the return of the service, I check for the mime = application/vnd.ms-excel.

My issue is because there are 3 reports, excel doesn't seem to be opening fast enough, and the reports render back faster than excel can open, so I am losing report output. Has anyone had this issue before? If so, how did you fix it?

Code is as follows. I even tried putting it to sleep at the end of this, before the next report was rendered to give excel a chance to catch up.

If (ret.mime = "application/vnd.ms-excel") Then
Response.ClearHeaders()
Response.Buffer = True
Response.Clear()
Response.ContentType = "application/vnd.ms-excel"
'Response.AddHeader("Content-Disposition", "inline;filename=output.xlsx")
Dim headerAttributes As String = "attachment;filename=" & report.name & ".xlsx"

Response.AddHeader("Content-Disposition", headerAttributes)

Response.BufferOutput = True

Response.Write(ret.output)

Response.End()
Response.Flush()

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Version: 8.0.0.6
Windows platform
All output formats will probably be used.

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Kowens,
This is really much more of an ASP.net question than it is a WebFOCUS question.

They way you would handle this in ASP.net should be the same way you'd handle retrieving and displaying multiple Excel documents from any source via ASP.net.

Have you thought of posting on:
forums.asp.net

I personally would almost wonder if the issue is that the web browser thinks its the same document coming back three times.

Have you tried targeting three separate i-frames with the outputs of these three Excel documents to see if it changes anything? The download HTTP Header's you have, *should* cause the file to download anyway even though its opening in an i-frame.

If this works proof-of-concept, there might be something more creative along these lines you could use.

WF 71.x, 76.x, 7701, 8.0 Beta OS: Linux, Win2k3, Win2k, Win2k8, WinXP

Posts: 203 | Registered: November 19, 2007Report This Post