Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     SCT Bannner Finance Security and Webfocus

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
SCT Bannner Finance Security and Webfocus
 Login/Join

posted
Hi,

I am very new to Webfocus so I hope I get the signature correct.
We are trying to write reports against the Finance Operating Ledger view. We would like it to check for the SCT Banner finance security so people only see the fund and org they have access to. Is anyone doing this and if so could you share with us how to get this to work? When putting in the call to IBI they suggested this group.

Thanks,

Joy
Webfocus 7.62
Output Reporting Object
Desktop Dev Studio

Web Focus 7.7.02, Server 2003 64 bit, All output types

Posts: 3 | Location: Greeley, CO | Registered: September 17, 2007Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Joy

I do not know the Ledger system, but if that system has some build in tables to organize the access of the several users, you should be able to read those tables and try to connect the userID's from Webfocus to that special table.
If you manage to get that work, the whole access can be arranged.
If the security however is based upon an other external system, you will have to use that system.

Frank

prod: WF 7.6.10 platform Windows,
databases: msSQL2000, msSQL2005, RMS, Oracle, Sybase,IE7
test: WF 7.6.10 on the same platform and databases,IE7

Posts: 2387 | Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands | Registered: December 03, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Joy,

Most of the North Carolina University alliance has Banner with WebFOCUS, AND, ALL do exactly what you are requesting. I don't feel comfortable giving out resource names without their permission on this site, so, send me a private email, OR, do a little digging on the websites.

Here are a few:

Charlotte

Greensboro

Asheville

etc...Tom

Edit: Fix URL

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tom Flynn,

Tom Flynn
WebFOCUS 8.1.05 - PROD/QA
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Posts: 1972 | Location: Centennial, CO | Registered: January 31, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
When I worked for a univeristy which used Banner and WebFOCUS we created WebFOCUS reporting objects. The first step of our process was to create a FOCUS database of users who have access to WebFOCUS and join it to the user ids in the Banner table FORUSFN, which contains the Banner User IDs and all the funds the user ID has access to. With this join we created another FOCUS database which contains the user id and associated fund codes. We then created reporting objects for each Banner ODS table which contained the fund code by joining the ODS view to the our final focus database which contains only user ids that have access to WF, and their associated funds. We created a job that ran every night to update the hold files with the current funds for each user. This process worked well for us.

WF 7.7.05
HP-UX - Reporting Server, Windows 2008 - Client, MSSQL 2008, FOCUS Databases, Flat Files
HTML, Excel, PDF

Posts: 149 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: June 08, 2007Report This Post