Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] VBAR Graphs Leave Trace Amounts of Color Above Columns in AppStudio Portal

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] VBAR Graphs Leave Trace Amounts of Color Above Columns in AppStudio Portal
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
We just completed the migration from DevStudio to AppStudio and from 8.0.09 to 8.1.05M,

I have at least 50 charts, if not more, which I migrated using the Change Management process.

These charts are leaving small traces of color above the columns. For example, one chart left five lines of green above one of the columns (also green).

If you mouse on and off the chart, the color goes away.

Also, I think I've been able to isolate the issue occurring at the portal level for these reasons:

1. When run inside AppStudio, the fex does not produce the lines of color.
2. When I tie the fex to a frame on the html canvas, the lines of color do not appear.
3. It is only when I run the charts in the portal the lines of color appear.

As an added piece of information, my setup is like this:

Fex creates chart. The charts as JSCharts converted from 8.0.09 to 8.1.05M.
Html has chart fex.
A second html file has a hyperlink to the chart html.

Additionally, the chart fex has two drilldown levels. I only see the extra lines of color appear on the first level.

Finally, at the end of the custom stylesheet we have in place, there is this section:

*GRAPH_JS
"mouseOverIndicator": {
         "enabled": true,
         "color": "rgba(255,255,255,0.5)",
	"marker":{"size": 0}
},
"introAnimation": {
   "enabled": true,
   "duration": 1400
  },
htmlToolTip: {
	enabled: true,
-*    snap: true,
    style: {
		border: 'thin #FFFFFF',
		background: '#FFFFFF',
		font: "CALIBRI",
	},
},
"riserBevel":"bevel"

A colleague thinks the issue might be in the animation component of the stylesheet. I removed the entire section posted here. That resulted in static charts, but the spots of color disappeared. So, I'm inclined to agree with my colleague. I'm going to read some more on animation and JS charts.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

As always, thanks in advance.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

WebFocus 8.2.04
WebFocus 8.2.04

Posts: 191 | Registered: September 18, 2015Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
We have a case open for a scenario where a yaxis title 'disappears' in the Business Intelligence Portal, yet displays fine when called from WebFOCUS Developer Studio.

Here is the topic URL: http://forums.informationbuild...917048586#1917048586

Just thought I'd mention this, in case there is a connection.

Pilot: WebFOCUS 8.2.06 Test: WebFOCUS 8.1.05M Prod: WebFOCUS 8.1.05M Server: Windows Server 2016/Tomcat Standalone Workstation: Windows 10/IE11+Edge Database: Oracle 12c, Netezza, & MS SQL Server 2019 Output: AHTML/XLSX/HTML/PDF/JSCHART Tools: WFDS, Repository Content, BI Portal Designer & ReportCaster

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
When content is styled differently inside the portal from what you chose during design, you might want to check the Portal's Dynamic Styling. If you Edit the Portal and click Properties under Layout, in the bottom of the Editor, is Dynamic Report Styling checked or unchecked?

If it is checked, click Change Stylesheet and see what style file is being used. The Portal STY might be effecting the actual stylesheet you applied to the chart. As a test, you could try to find out what happens if you change the Dynamic Styling within the Portal to see if there's a difference.

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows

Posts: 1853 | Location: New York City | Registered: December 30, 2015Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Thank you both for your replies.

I appreciate knowing about the opened case.

I changed the stylesheet used for the portal. The odd behavior continues albeit not exactly in the same manner. Using Edit Mode, if I load the portal, the traces of color left over from the animation extending itself are gone. However, if I run the portal, the traces of color remain above the chart columns.

WebFocus 8.2.04
WebFocus 8.2.04

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
What happens if you uncheck the Portal's Dynamic Styling? Any difference?

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows

Posts: 1853 | Location: New York City | Registered: December 30, 2015Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
If I uncheck the Dynamic Styling, there appears to be no difference.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: JulieA,

WebFocus 8.2.04
WebFocus 8.2.04

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Julie

Since you are not able to solve this it would be best if you opened a case with techsupport.

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats

Posts: 2127 | Location: Customer Support | Registered: April 12, 2005Report This Post