Focal Point
[SOLVED] Redo - Migrating WebFocus Data (7.7 to 8)

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/2597058266

January 06, 2014, 12:06 PM
kncoi
[SOLVED] Redo - Migrating WebFocus Data (7.7 to 8)
We were migrating data from WF7.7 to WF8 when our migration process got interupted. Of the 3 processes (MR, RC, and BID), only MR was completed. We have just now been able to resume the migration process and there were 3 months worth of data difference in the existing environment to be migrated over.

Does anyone know if the import/export programs would be able to handle subsequent migrations (adding new data to existing database) or do I need to recreate all tables in all affected databases anew? Are there procedures in place to handle situation like this?

Thank you.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

WebFocus 8.1.03
PMF 8.0.5
Windows Server 2012
Windows 7
html
January 10, 2014, 03:57 PM
Hank W.
I'd hazard to say you are not migrating the Data in the reporting databases there, you are migrating the applications etc. So if you had a database change (masters changed), added new users to MR, adjusted the RC schedule, made a few fixes to the fexes... *that* will be a problem.

Cheers,
H.

WebFOCUS 8.1.05M
Oracle 11g - DB2
RedHat
January 29, 2014, 02:13 PM
kncoi
Hank,

Thank you for responding. I went ahead redo the migration after renaming the "Export" directory (containing extracted/export files) in the current WebFocus77 as well as the Export directory that was copied to WebFocus80 (under folder migration_import).

As far as the databases, I didn't make any changes, taking a chance that the migration process knows what to do with existing data, which it did.

The Managed Report and Report Caster were migrated fine. All new changes to users, and their roles were copied over correctly in the databases. The BID process has an issue but I don't think it was related to the duplication of processing that I was concerned about.

Thanks again.

Kim

WebFocus 8.1.03
PMF 8.0.5
Windows Server 2012
Windows 7
html