Focal Point
[SOLVED] Dynamic Content in PDF Output

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/2597092296

January 07, 2020, 02:13 PM
cldiaz
[SOLVED] Dynamic Content in PDF Output
I have an html page that contains about 8 different fex's and the user can chose a pdf output of these same fexs. They are asking to be able to chose which fex's (out of these 8) are included in the pdf output. I'm sure there is a way to do this and I'm am just searching for some best practice/guidance on the best way for me to accomplish this. Thanks for your advice!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: cldiaz,

WebFOCUS 8204
Windows, All Outputs
January 07, 2020, 02:27 PM
Waz
I assume that you have something to select which fexes are going to be run ?

If so, then I think you will need a main fex that includes all the other fexes, and you will need some dialog manager to determine which fexes get run and which get skipped.

To combine them all, I would suggest using SET COMPOUND = OPEN | CLOSE

Check the documentation on how to use it.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

January 07, 2020, 03:43 PM
cldiaz
Currently no, when they open or filter the html all fexs run/are filtered. Then for the pdf output same thing. All fex's currently run with the selected filters in the pdf output. I'm going to check out having a selection of which fex's to run and then putting them in a main fex using SET COMPOUND. I'll update with my solution if I get it. Thanks!

WebFOCUS 8204
Windows, All Outputs
January 10, 2020, 04:11 PM
cldiaz
We used Waz's suggestion and figured out how to use DM and parameterize the document and -Include the specific fex's that are requested when requested.

WebFOCUS 8204
Windows, All Outputs