Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] -INCLUDE in the GUI?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] -INCLUDE in the GUI?
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Does anyone know if you can do a -INCLUDE in the GUI of InfoAssist?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

WebFOCUS 8.2.06
SQL Server
HTML, PDF, Excel, etc

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
There's a bunch of stuff you can do in a Reporting Object that allows for similar behavior. However, -INCLUDE isn't something you can add within the InfoAssist UI.

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows

Posts: 1853 | Location: New York City | Registered: December 30, 2015Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
That's what I kind of figured. In regards to a Reporting Object, I guess I could create one with the preprocessing code I want....but then could I have my other reports created in the GUI access this? Or is recreating my other reports within the Reporting Object the only way?

WebFOCUS 8.2.06
SQL Server
HTML, PDF, Excel, etc

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
All reports in InfoAssit have to be created against either a master or a reporting object. In general, InfoAssist is meant to be an end user or power user authoring too. -INCLUDE and other features that don't lend themselves to an end user type functionality are considered out of scope. I kinda get why sometimes you need to be able to have a -INCLUDE but a generic authoring tool should stay simple so most users can run with it without deep knowledge of the underlying language. The alternative is to use the Text Editor to make your modifications but again, I don't think the majority of end users should get involved in that type of coding.

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows

Posts: 1853 | Location: New York City | Registered: December 30, 2015Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I get that in regards to InfoAssist being an end user authoring tool. However, these reports I have....actually they are charts....they have all been created within InfoAssist GUI. End users will not be changing these particular charts. However, they need to be integrated within another piece that was coded in the text editor. In order to integrate I need to include the -INCLUDES. I can open the charts in the text editor and add the -INCLUDEs, but then they may not be able to be opened again in the GUI.

In regards to the Reporting Object, if I create it and include the common code that the -INCLUDES refer to, then would I have to create the charts as new charts off of the Reporting Object?

WebFOCUS 8.2.06
SQL Server
HTML, PDF, Excel, etc

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
AMC2

It sounds like you are creating these charts so there is no reason you can't do them from App Studio instead of InfoAssist. Doing it that way the -INCLUDE can be done there easier and no need for the Reporting Object.

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats

Posts: 2127 | Location: Customer Support | Registered: April 12, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Chuck - Yes, I'll probably just do them in the text editor in App Studio...I can just open them up there and add the -INCLUDE.

WebFOCUS 8.2.06
SQL Server
HTML, PDF, Excel, etc