Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Bullet point display for column

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Bullet point display for column
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Hello,

I am trying to show the result of a column in form of bullet points in my PDF report.
For Example: I want to see the different values of CAR in the form of a bulleted list in PDF

TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT 
    CAR AS ''
WHERE COUNTRY EQ 'ENGLAND'
ON TABLE SET NOTOTAL
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT PDF
END

I want to see the display as 

• JAGUAR
• JENSEN

and so on... 

Is this possible in WF 7.7.03? If so, how do I get those bullet points?

Thanks!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Nova27,

WF 7.7.03, Win 7

Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:

Why not just use DEFINE or COMPUTE to add the "•" to the field ?

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
That totally works - don't know why I didn't think of this myself! Frowner

Thanks Waz for your help!

WF 7.7.03, Win 7

Expert
posted Hide Post
Yep, thats what happens when you overthink it. Been there done that (a lot).

But, keep in mind that this is for a particular font, and that could be a problem if the font is changed.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
You could also add an bullet image beside your text field.
That will become independent of font style.

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007

Posts: 2409 | Location: Montreal Area, Qc, CA | Registered: September 25, 2013Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Isn't there a built-in feature these days in graphics to use "traffic lights"... I guess that would still require using a "burnt out" light though.

Cheers,
H.

WebFOCUS 8.1.05M
Oracle 11g - DB2
RedHat

Posts: 115 | Location: Brighton UK | Registered: February 19, 2005Report This Post