Focal Point
Replacing the Domain Tree with the Role Tree in a dashboard group view

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/262103092

November 11, 2009, 10:43 AM
Stefan
Replacing the Domain Tree with the Role Tree in a dashboard group view
Hi all,

I build up a group view with BI Dashboard Builder. One tab contains two blocks named "Structure" and "Output".

The block "Structure" is blocktype "folder" and contains a folder from the domain tree.

Now I'm looking for a way to show the content from an role tree (which I created before) in this block.

Reading the Forum and the Doc for hours, but still no clue :-(

WF 7.6.9
PMF 5.1.3
BID 7.6.9

Win XP
HTML, PDF, Excel, PowerPoint
November 12, 2009, 10:54 AM
Francis Mariani
I think the Domain Tree and Role Tree are only accessible from the "Tree" link in the Banner Link area.

You cannot add an item or a folder from a Roll Tree, just from Domains.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
November 18, 2009, 03:24 AM
Stefan
Hello Francis,

thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately this doesn't solve my problem. Maybe I should explain it a little bit more detailed:

I have two reports (report 1 and Report 2).
User A is supposed to see all reports.
User B is just supposed to seeReport 2.

I'm looking for a way to solve this without providing 2 user groups in MRE and without 2 views in BI Dashboard.

WF 7.6.9
PMF 5.1.3
BID 7.6.9

Win XP
November 18, 2009, 10:29 AM
Francis Mariani
Stefan, would this not do the job:

Select the View > Edit Look > Composition

_ Check to use sidebar

Choose content for sidebar and Tree link.
  _ Domain Tree only
  _ Role Tree only
  _ Both Domain Tree and Role Tree
     _ Domain Tree shown as default
     _ Role Tree shown as default

Use the sidebar to display the Role Tree or both the Domain Tree and the Role Tree (and select to display the Role Tree as default).

Francis

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
November 19, 2009, 02:28 AM
Stefan
Francis, thanks for your idea.
I already tried that before. But as far as I could see, the role tree is always displayed in the banner area. This won't to the CD-policy ;-)

I heard of something like "User's reports" or "Custom Reports". Is it possible to show these reports in the blocktype folder?
So that every user just sees his "Custom Reports"?

Have a nice day.

WF 7.6.9
PMF 5.1.3
BID 7.6.9

Win XP
November 19, 2009, 09:39 AM
Francis Mariani
Stefan,

Here's the Role Tree in a BID View Block:

Francis

November 20, 2009, 03:56 AM
Stefan
Francis,

this seems to me what I mentionend before: The Role Tree is displayed on the side of the banner.
This doesn't fit to our Corporate Design.

I want the role tree to show up under the banner. In your picture it should be placed in tab "Page 1", where "test1" is written.

WF 7.6.9
PMF 5.1.3
BID 7.6.9

Win XP