Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [Closed] reports not available on iphone

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[Closed] reports not available on iphone
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
Hi,

We have dashboard which we also used to open up from the safari on the iPhone. We made some name changes in the report. After that we are not able to view the dashboard on the iPhone. Does anybody have any idea, what can be the issue?

Thank you in advance,
MM

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MeM,

WebFOCUS 8.2.02
Windows, All Outputs

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi,
Probably need to be a little more specific on what exactly you mean by name changes. The first things that come to my mind:

1 - Did it work before?
2 - Is everything published?
3 - Are you sure said name changes didn't break some linkage?

JC
WebFOCUS Dev Studio / App Studio
Windows 7

Posts: 146 | Registered: November 09, 2015Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Thanks jcannavo.
1. Yes, it used to work before.
2. Yes, everything is published. I'm able to open the reports on my desktop, only issue is on the iPhone.
3. What kind of linkage you are referring to?

Thanks,
MM

quote:
Originally posted by jcannavo:
Hi,
Probably need to be a little more specific on what exactly you mean by name changes. The first things that come to my mind:

1 - Did it work before?
2 - Is everything published?
3 - Are you sure said name changes didn't break some linkage?

WebFOCUS 8.2.02
Windows, All Outputs

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi -

You haven't provided much information in regards to what exactly you changed, so I was just grasping for straws. If a report name changed or something did that have an effect on the portal page in regards to linkage to the dashboard reports you are calling. My guess is no since you said it works elsewhere, but was just a thought that crossed my mind.

JC
Windows 7

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
HI,

Are you using mobile Faves ? if so you could try accessing the link that mobile faves is using from your desktop to see if that works.

Webfocus 8.0.7 on Windows

Posts: 176 | Location: Ohio | Registered: October 26, 2006Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
No, we are not using mobiles faves. We use safari.

WebFOCUS 8.2.02
Windows, All Outputs

posted Hide Post
What changes did you make?

WebFOCUS 8.1.0.5m

Gold member
posted Hide Post
We just changed the name of one of the item in the dropdown list.

WebFOCUS 8.2.02
Windows, All Outputs

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
That's crazy if all you changed was a name of an item in your DDL and it stopped working on the iPhone. That was for sure the only change? What happens if you revert the names back to what they were previously, does it work again?

JC
Windows 7

Expert
posted Hide Post
What URL do you use to access the dashboard?

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
I noticed, I'm having this issue in safari and when I tried to debug it gave me the following error:

"NETWORK_ERR: XMLHttpRequest Exception 101: A network error occured in synchronous requests."

WebFOCUS 8.2.02
Windows, All Outputs

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Francis,

I'm not sure about it. Its the company provided url.

quote:
Originally posted by Francis Mariani:
What URL do you use to access the dashboard?

WebFOCUS 8.2.02
Windows, All Outputs

Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm not sure about it. Its the company provided url.

So, why can't you show us the company-provided URL? You can obscure the server name!

Here is the link to my personal WF 8.0.08 Portal page, with the company-provided server name obscured:

http://our-server-name/ibi_apps/bip/portal/FrancisMariani

If you type something different than "ibi_apps/bip/portal/" you will not see your portal (dashboard).

Francis

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
https://bireports.abc.com/ibi_apps/Controller

WebFOCUS 8.2.02
Windows, All Outputs

Expert
posted Hide Post
Does your link work on a desktop (or laptop) web browser?

You haven't received any solutions perhaps because we don't understand the problem.
quote:
We made some name changes in the report

quote:
We just changed the name of one of the item in the dropdown list.

What are these "name changes"? What do you mean by "changed the name of one of the item in the dropdown list"?

What is this dropdown list?

Francis

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Yes, it works in chrome and IE on laptop.
Changing the names means we had technical and non technical in the drop down list but now it has been changed to Prof and Ind.

WebFOCUS 8.2.02
Windows, All Outputs

Expert
posted Hide Post
Well, that's no reason for it to NOT work, specially if it works in Crome and IE.

Have you tried Chrome on the iPhone?

Francis

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well, that's no reason for it to NOT work, specially if it works in Crome and IE.

My thoughts exactly. Just for giggles, as I mentioned before, did you try to change the names back to what it was originally and does it work then? I highly doubt it will, because I have a feeling something else changed and not just those names.

JC
Windows 7

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Its not working on Chrome also.

quote:
Originally posted by Francis Mariani:

Have you tried Chrome on the iPhone?

WebFOCUS 8.2.02
Windows, All Outputs

Gold member
posted Hide Post
I cant move it back since that drill down list is related to other reports too.

quote:
Originally posted by jcannavo:
quote:

My thoughts exactly. Just for giggles, as I mentioned before, did you try to change the names back to what it was originally and does it work then? I highly doubt it will, because I have a feeling something else changed and not just those names.

WebFOCUS 8.2.02
Windows, All Outputs

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
At this point MeM you may just need to log a case with IBI.

JC
Windows 7