Focal Point
[CLOSED] Launguage Translation Question

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/2627018816

April 10, 2012, 08:09 AM
Shru
[CLOSED] Launguage Translation Question
Hi,

I am trying to understand about the launguage translation. I have got a master file which specifies the title to be in 'French'. Is there a way where i can get the complete data in French. Will DESC_FR do the magic. I tried using this in car file but dont see any change. Am i missing something.

Thanks
shru

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

769 Excel,PDF and HTML
April 10, 2012, 08:55 AM
njsden
That won't happen automatically. Only TITLE is aware of your SET LANG and TITLE_nn will be automatically chosen.

When it comes to data though, *you* will have to make provisions in your code to make sure you pull the right data field according to the language chosen, WebFOCUS cannot do that for you.

-* Assume language is available via &IBIWF_language  (or any parameter of your choice)

TABLE FILE FOO
PRINT
      CODE 
      DESC_&IBIWF_language
END

If you want to get fancy, you may attempt using a global variable (&&) to capture the language, declare that one within your master file and then DEFINE a few virtual fields of your own where you pick the "right" field depending on the language, all of this directly in the master file.

Check this for some ideas.

Hope this helps.

Prod/Dev: WF Server 8008/Win 2008 - WF Client 8008/Win 2008 - Dev. Studio: 8008/Windows 7 - DBMS: Oracle 11g Rel 2
Test: Dev. Studio 8008 /Windows 7 (Local) Output:HTML, EXL2K.