Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED by case] Problem with Page Master in coordinated compound Rpt

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED by case] Problem with Page Master in coordinated compound Rpt
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
Hi all,
We are running WebFocus 7.6.11. We are experiencing problems with getting the Page Master in a coordinated compound report to display page numbers. I opened a case with IBI support and worked with their consultant to resolve this issue. The only way to get the page numbers display was to do the following:

1) Remove all page breaks in different reports
2) Add a New Page Layout
3) Copy two of the reports and a graph to the new page layout
4) Delete the above two reports and graph from the original page
5) Add page number to the two layouts
6) And finally remove the Master Page Layout

These changes enabled the page numbers to display; however; we had to forego our desired page breaks. As of now, we seem to have only two options, one, keep the preferred page breaks and have a report without page numbers or two, have page numbers, but without Page Master and without page breaks.

Does anyone know if Page Master could be used to display page number in a coordinated compound report?

Thank you,

Seyed

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WebFOCUS 8.0.09
App Studio 8009
Linux Kernel-2.6
DBMS: Oracle 11g
all output (Excel, HTML, AHTML, PDF)

Posts: 90 | Location: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma | Registered: July 01, 2010Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Hi all,

FYI, Seyed has a case opened regarding this issue and is now resolved.

Seyed, would you mind to post the solution to here? Thank you in advance for sharing with all.

Cheers,

Kerry

Kerry Zhan
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders, Inc.

Posts: 1948 | Location: New York | Registered: November 16, 2004Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Hi Kerry,
I was looking at some of my old postings on this Forum and saw your request. I apologize for taking too long to answer your question. But in response to your question, here is how the page number issue got resolved.

My co-worker and I both were working on coordinated compound reports. All components on his report were ‘Reports’. My report consisted of 4 reports and 2 graphs. The first two components for both his report and mine were identical. My co-worker added a page master to his report and then added page number and date and time to the bottom of the report (below the broken borders). His worked, mine didn’t. I did the exact thing, but with my report, page numbers would not display. At his suggestion, I started with a blank report and copied scripts for the first component on his report along with the page master code and pasted it into the new procedure. I ran the new report, it ran fine and all page numbers and date and time footings got displayed correctly. Then I gradually, added the remaining components (reports and graphs) and then tested the page numbers at each phase. They were displayed correctly. In the end, all six components were added to the coordinated compound report and I had a footing on each page of the report containing page number, date and time.

Unfortunately, it is one of those things in life that I may never know why or how the steps listed above fixed the page numbers. Why in the original report, the same steps that worked in his report wouldn’t work in mine.

Best wishes,

Seyed

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SeyedG,

Posts: 90 | Location: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma | Registered: July 01, 2010Report This Post