Focal Point
[CLOSED] Reportcaster Burst

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/263104415

August 23, 2010, 10:25 AM
Jinx
[CLOSED] Reportcaster Burst
Hi,

We recently moved our IBI_Repository database to SQL Server 2008.
One of the burst reports has stopped working.
In this case, we leave the burst values blank in the distribution list as we want all recipients to receive all reports, but as seperate attachments.
Unfortunately this has stopped working and we now get the following error:

No report for user@mycompany.com with a burst value of "".

Could this be something that is affected by SQL 2008? Any ideas would be great!

Thanks,

Jinx.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Windows
HTML, PDF, Excel etc
DevStudio/Webfocus/Focus IBM
SQL Server 2000 / 2008
DB2
August 23, 2010, 11:22 AM
Darin Lee
My understanding is that if you specify a report to burst that the values of the burst field MUST exist in the distribution list in order for that section to be distributed. You may have discovered a previous hole that allowed you to do what you wanted, but as always, these "undocumented features" can disappear when data, databases, or updates change things. I think you are getting the expected behavior, even though it seemed to be working previously.

BTW: if all recipients get all sections of the report, why would you need to burst it?

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat
August 24, 2010, 02:49 AM
Jinx
Hi,

Each person wants a seperate spreadsheet attachment for each supplier (don't ask me why! ;-)).
I did read somewhere on the forum that one leaves the Burst value blank for all recipeints to receive all burst values. I'll dig around and find the link.
But if as you say, this was a hole that has been patched up, I think the receipients are going to have to deal with one large report!

Link: Burst values blank

Thanks,

Jinx.

Windows
HTML, PDF, Excel etc
DevStudio/Webfocus/Focus IBM
SQL Server 2000 / 2008
DB2
August 24, 2010, 11:27 AM
Arif
How are you populating your burst values? I usually use access list and populate it from my HR database.
This access list has burst value, username and email address. I have option to burst it in library, email it to users or email link.
If you are getting error about email address your distribution list or access list is missing email address. Check you list population process first. Is it an automated fex schedule that runs everyday and delete previouse records and create new records?

WebFOCUS 7.6.10
Windows
HTML