Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Faxing from Report Caster?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Faxing from Report Caster?
 Login/Join

Guru
posted
Does anyone have any experience with faxing as a distribution method in Report Caster

WebFOCUS Administrator @ Worldpay FIS
PROD/DEV/TEST: 8204, SANDBOX: 8206 soon - BIP, Reportcaster, Resource Manager, EUM, HyperStage soon, DB: HIVE,Oracle,MSSQL

Posts: 291 | Location: Greater Cincinnati  | Registered: May 11, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hello Don,

First, my response:

If I were you I would probably use a service such as efax.com unless some of your fax machines have an email function themselves. Here at Nationwide Financial we have new Xerox copiers that support the ability to print to fax. I know there are printer/copiers that support this on the market. If you do not have these type of printers then I would stand behind my first option of setting up efax.com or similar service and then reportcaster can just send out emails to the efax with the phone number to fax in the subject line.

On a side note, I grew up and graduated in Eaton Ohio. My parents still live there on Miller Ave. I now live in Columbus and work for Nationwide Financial working on web application development as well as web focus. I worked at Henny Penny my first summer for college back in 1998. Jack Cobb lived behind my parents for many years before they built their new house.

Currenly working @ Learning Circle Education Services
Previously worked @ Nationwide Insurance
Prod: WebFOCUS 7.6.11

Test: WebFOCUS 7.6.11

Dev: WebFOCUS 7.6.11

Posts: 125 | Location: Columbus, Ohio | Registered: March 31, 2006Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
We have tried sending a report as an email attachment to right fax but that process was inconsistent. We have some new copier/printer/fax/coffee machines and I hadn't thought of that. Thanks for the thought.

Jack is still here on a limited basis. Steve bought the company from his Dad around 2000. Still family owned, 2007 is the 50th anniversary of Henny Penny. I started here as the Network Administrator in 1997 and now the Development Manager. I probably met you sometime in 1998, Dale Norris and I were always running around working on PCs.

Henny Penny has grown a bit since you were here. We bought the building across the street and run shipping/receiving from there, we have a factory in Suzhou, China and we bought a competitor named Refcon that makes refrigerated cabinets.

We have three major Web sites, the public site, www.hennypenny.com, our distributor net and our intranet. All are written in PHP5 running on Apache. We've had WebFOCUS for about three years and it's been great. We purchased IWAY last year and although it's been slow getting started we see great things coming from using that product.

Thanks again for the tip.

WebFOCUS Administrator @ Worldpay FIS
PROD/DEV/TEST: 8204, SANDBOX: 8206 soon - BIP, Reportcaster, Resource Manager, EUM, HyperStage soon, DB: HIVE,Oracle,MSSQL

Posts: 291 | Location: Greater Cincinnati  | Registered: May 11, 2005Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Hello!

We currently fax out a number of invoices on an hourly basis using reportcaster in 7.1.3.

We use a seperate fax server that handles a connector to our exchange server to send out faxes. You may want to look into setting up a connector on your exchange server for a fax, then set up an appropriate fax service. Using IMCEAFAX syntax in the send to address of the email tells the exchange server to pass it to the fax connector.

There are some freebie fax servers out there.

Prod: Single Windows 2008 Server running Webfocus 7.7.03 Reporting server Web server IIS6/Tomcat, AS400 DB2 database.