Focal Point
[CLOSED] How to disable Login screen of my Portal

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/2657031186

March 07, 2016, 01:53 AM
Joe Mathews
[CLOSED] How to disable Login screen of my Portal
Hi,

I have a portal 'A' that can be accessed through an HTML page in another portal 'B'. Both portals use same credentials for signing in. In WebFOCUS AppStudio, I tried to run the HTML page of B and clicked on the link to navigate to A but its showing a login screen again. I want to disable this screen. I am a beginner Sweating so please explain me clearly..

Thanks,
Johjen Mathew

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kathleen Butler,

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs
March 23, 2016, 08:56 AM
<Emily McAllister>
Hello Joe,

Can you provide some more details about your environment? For instance, what type of security are you using?

Since you are new to WebFOCUS, you may want to open a case on our Tech Support Site so that one of our representatives can work with you more closely to help you configure your security correctly.

Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help you.

Emily McAllister
Focal Point Moderator
March 23, 2016, 09:53 AM
Francis Mariani
Joe, don't expect the behaviour of a web page to be the same when running from App Studio and when running from web browser.

I would use App Studio for development only. Test the behaviour you're expecting by actully running the portal A from the web browser.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
March 24, 2016, 03:46 PM
eric.woerle
Joe,

Francis is right. Running from App Studio is not real world and things will work differently when you run them directly from your portal.

If I were to venture my best guess as to what is happening, I would guess that your credentials for App Studio are cached seperately from the credentials in the browser. What I would guess is that the Portal page is looking for the credentials in the Header for your browser and its not finding it there. I would expect that logging into the Portal first, and then clicking through to the second portal should avoid this issue.

Eric Woerle
8.1.05M Gen 913- Reporting Server Unix
8.1.05 Client Unix
Oracle 11.2.0.2