Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] How to disable Login screen of my Portal

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] How to disable Login screen of my Portal
 Login/Join

posted
Hi,

I have a portal 'A' that can be accessed through an HTML page in another portal 'B'. Both portals use same credentials for signing in. In WebFOCUS AppStudio, I tried to run the HTML page of B and clicked on the link to navigate to A but its showing a login screen again. I want to disable this screen. I am a beginner Sweating so please explain me clearly..

Thanks,
Johjen Mathew

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kathleen Butler,

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs

<Emily McAllister>
posted
Hello Joe,

Can you provide some more details about your environment? For instance, what type of security are you using?

Since you are new to WebFOCUS, you may want to open a case on our Tech Support Site so that one of our representatives can work with you more closely to help you configure your security correctly.

Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help you.

Emily McAllister
Focal Point Moderator

Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Joe, don't expect the behaviour of a web page to be the same when running from App Studio and when running from web browser.

I would use App Studio for development only. Test the behaviour you're expecting by actully running the portal A from the web browser.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Joe,

Francis is right. Running from App Studio is not real world and things will work differently when you run them directly from your portal.

If I were to venture my best guess as to what is happening, I would guess that your credentials for App Studio are cached seperately from the credentials in the browser. What I would guess is that the Portal page is looking for the credentials in the Header for your browser and its not finding it there. I would expect that logging into the Portal first, and then clicking through to the second portal should avoid this issue.

Eric Woerle
8.1.05M Gen 913- Reporting Server Unix
8.1.05 Client Unix
Oracle 11.2.0.2

Posts: 750 | Location: Warrenville, IL | Registered: January 08, 2013Report This Post