Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     percentage on column totals

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
percentage on column totals
 Login/Join

<Kalyan>
posted
Hi,
I have a report which shows data AS BELOW.
eg:
name total amt1 amt2
----------------------------------
xx 1000 250 750
ww 1500 500 1000
qq 750 600 150
----------------------------------
TOTAL 3250 1350 1900
41.5% 58.5%

For the column total values I have used ON TABLE COLUMN-TOTAL. Now I need to display the percentage values correctly aligned .

any suggestions??

Thanks,
Kalyan.

Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Kaylan, how does your fex calculate and place those %s? Can we see a code snip?

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Can you use 'IN 20' or if it is in a subfoot '<20' to line them up on the 20th column? Just curious to know if this will work?
stan

<WFUser>
posted
If you're calculating the percentage, just use SUMMARIZE instead of COLUMN-TOTAL. If these values are database fields in a PRINT statement, use a mutli-verb request with RECAP. Try this.

TABLE FILE CAR
SUM RCOST NOPRINT DCOST NOPRINT
CNT.RCOST NOPRINT
PRINT RCOST DCOST
BY COUNTRY
ON TABLE RECAP RCOST_AVG/D8.2 = (C1/C3);
DCOST_AVG/D8.2 = (C2/C3);
ON TABLE SUBFOOT
" Average RCOST: <RCOST_AVG DCOST: <DCOST_AVG"
END

Report This Post
<Kalyan>
posted
What I am trying to do is this

TABLE FILE CAR
SUM RETAIL_COST DEALER_COST
BY COUNTRY
ON TABLE SUMMARIZE
-*( we can use ON TABLE COLUMN-TOTAL as well)
END

This will give me the following output

COUNTRY RETAIL_COST DEALER COST
---------- ------------ -------------
ENGLAND 45,319 37,853
FRANCE 5,610 4,631
ITALY 51,065 41,235
JAPAN 6,478 5,512
W GERMANY 64,732 54,563
----------------------------------------
TOTAL 173,204 143,794
83.02%

I need to calculate the percentage value( 83.02 = (143,794/173,204) *100 ) and place it under the column dealer cost.

I am not sure of a way to refer to the summary values as such.

Thanks.

Report This Post
<kj>
posted
Kalyan,
Have you tried with
ON TABLE SUBFOOT

Thanks,
kj

Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
If you use the internal column notation the first colum summed is C1 the second is C2

then you can
On table recap
pctval/d6.2 = ( C2 / C1 ) * 100;
subfoot
"<xx>pctval '%'"

doin this from memory so check the syntax for sure.

Posts: 1317 | Location: Council Bluffs, IA | Registered: May 24, 2004Report This Post
<Kalyan>
posted
Thanks for your posts, I was able to get the percentage values. I used ON TABLE COLUMN-TOTAL & then Using RECAP on cloumns & Printing the values in the SUBFOOT.

Now the problem is I'm not able to align the percentage values with the respective columns.

i tried the following way...
-------------------------------------------
ON TABLE SUBFOOT
"<VAL1><+0><VAL2><0+><VAL3>"

ON TABLE SET STYLESHEET *
TYPE =SUBFOOT,
OBJECT=FIELD,
ITEM=1,
STYLE=ITALIC,
POSITION=N3,
$
TYPE =SUBFOOT,
OBJECT=FIELD,
ITEM=2,
STYLE=ITALIC,
POSITION=N4,
$

TYPE =SUBFOOT,
OBJECT=FIELD,
ITEM=3,
STYLE=ITALIC,
POSITION=N5,
$
-------------------------------------------------
I just get the three values printed on leftside corner & not aligned to the columns as mentioned in stylesheet.

Help!!!

Report This Post