Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] MR url in var

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] MR url in var
 Login/Join

Guru
posted
Does anyone know if there is a system var with the MR base url?
I know I can SET BASEURL but I'm looking for system var another var that I can use instaed of this.
Any anyone work on something similar?
TIA

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

Greg

current client: WF 8.1.05 & 8.2 - Windows 7 64bit - Tomcat 7 - MRE / BID - IE11

local: WF 8.2 - Windows 7 64bit - Tomcat 6 - MRE / BID - FOCUS - IE11

PMF 8

Posts: 274 | Location: Boston/New England | Registered: February 12, 2006Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Add to site.wfs
<SET>URL_PROTOCOL<PASS>
<SET>SERVER_NAME<PASS>
<SET>SERVER_PORT<PASS>

And now these & vars will be available for different platforms as code gets migrated.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: gregv,

Greg

PMF 8

Posts: 274 | Location: Boston/New England | Registered: February 12, 2006Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
also FOCEXURL if it isn't already.

-*PDF Drilldown example
-SET &URL = &URL_PROTOCOL | '://' | &SERVER_NAME | &FOCEXURL | '&|IBIF_ex=test/app/test&|CLICKED_ON=&';

WebFOCUS 7.7.03/8.0.08
Dev Studio 7.7.03/8.0.08
App Studio 8.0.08
Windows 7
ALL Outputs

Posts: 402 | Location: Upland, IN | Registered: June 08, 2012Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the example, J.

Here's one for MR images that are in a common domain which is different from the procedure domain.

APP PREPENDPATH IBISAMP

-IF &URL_PROTOCOL.EXISTS THEN GOTO SERVER_NAME;
-SET &URL_PROTOCOL='http';

-SERVER_NAME
-IF &SERVER_NAME.EXISTS THEN GOTO SERVER_PORT;
-SET &SERVER_NAME='localhost';

-SERVER_PORT
-IF &SERVER_PORT.EXISTS THEN GOTO SET_IMG_URL;
-SET &SERVER_PORT='8080';

-SET_IMG_URL
-SET &imgURL = &URL_PROTOCOL | '://' | &SERVER_NAME | ':' | &SERVER_PORT | '/ibi_apps/views.bip?BIP_REQUEST_TYPE=BIP_RUN&|BIP_folder=IBFS://WFC/Repository/Tests/OtherFiles&|BIP_item='; 

DEFINE FILE CAR
  videoma_40/A399   = '<image src="'| &imgURL.QUOTEDSTRING | 'videoma_40.png"   style="border:none;position:absolute;height:25px;top:8px;left:120px;" alt="Click to view PDF &|#10;Classification and Handling">' ;
END

TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT
     CAR.CARREC.MODEL
     CAR.BODY.DEALER_COST
     CAR.BODY.RETAIL_COST
     CAR.BODY.SALES
BY  LOWEST CAR.ORIGIN.COUNTRY
BY  LOWEST CAR.COMP.CAR
HEADING
"<videoma_40"
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
END

Greg

PMF 8

Guru
posted Hide Post
I've heard elsewhere on the forums that you shouldn't use the views.bip? syntax since that may change in future releases. Instead you are suppossed to use something like
[url protocol]://[server:port]/ibi_apps/rs/ibfs/WFC/Repository/[domain]/[folder]/[html page]?IBIRS_action=run

or in your case:
[url protocol]://[server:port]/ibi_apps/rs/ibfs/WFC/Repository/[domain]/[folder]/[image file]

WebFOCUS 7.7.03/8.0.08
Dev Studio 7.7.03/8.0.08
App Studio 8.0.08
Windows 7
ALL Outputs

Posts: 402 | Location: Upland, IN | Registered: June 08, 2012Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the heads-up on view.bip, J.

When I add my folders to this URL it doesn't work (WF8007):
[url protocol]://[serverRazzerort]/ibi_apps/rs/ibfs/WFC/Repository/[domain]/[folder]/[image file]

I get 'page cannot be displayed'.

When I change rs/ibfs to RS/IBFS I get '404 - Resource not found'
Which makes me think that the image is not there but it is. So my next thought is: What is RS, 'Reporting Server'? I haven't seen this before and it appears that the server may not know it either.
Do you have an example?
Thanks!

Greg

PMF 8