Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Having Issues Creating a Graph after a on Hold command

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Having Issues Creating a Graph after a on Hold command
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
I have several graphs as includes in a separate focexe file. I access them based on some specific condition. The includes are similar to one another just the print or sum statements are different. In the main Focexe file, the issue I am having is: when I place the data in a hold, then pass that into the include(s)... the graph does not display. Although it does give back a result, depending on the graph, something like:

0 NUMBER OF RECORDS IN TABLE= 10 LINES= 3
(BEFORE DISTINCT TESTS)
0 NUMBER OF RECORDS IN TABLE= 3 LINES= 3
0 NUMBER OF RECORDS IN GRAPH= 0 PLOT POINTS= 31

However, no errors show up. I was able to narrow the issue down to (Arrows will be on the right side to show the whereabouts of the issue)

TABLE FILE USR_DATA
PRINT DST.OS_USRNAME
LOG_DAY
BY LOG_YR
BY LOG_MON
BY MON
BY FULL_MON
BY USRNAME
-*WHERE RECORDLIMIT EQ 1000
-*WHERE READLIMIT EQ 1000
-* ß-----------When I put an End, –Exit it displayed. So, below
ON TABLE HOLD AS USR_COUNT ß---------this point to the next set of arrows is the issue.
END ß--------
-*Graphing Selection
GRAPH FILE USR_COUNT ß--------
HEADING CENTER ß--------
"Count Report" ß--------
"" ß--------
SUM OS_USRNAME ß--------
BY USRNAME ß--------
ACROSS LOG_DAY COLUMNS 1 AND 2 AND 3 AND 4 AND ß--------
5 AND 6 AND 7 AND 8 AND 9 AND 10 AND 11 AND 12 AND ß--------
13 AND 14 AND 15 AND 16 AND 17 AND 18 AND 19 AND ß--------
20 AND 21 AND 22 AND 23 AND 24 AND 25 AND 26 AND ß--------
27 AND 28 AND 29 AND 30 AND 31 ß--------
WHERE OS_USRNAME GT 2 ß----------
ON GRAPH SET GRMERGE ON ß----------I know the graph displays because I plugged it into a
ON GRAPH SET GRAPHEDIT SERVER ß----------different file and it worked, so everything above these
ON GRAPH SET LOOKGRAPH VBAR ß----------Arrows seems to be the issue…………..
ON GRAPH SET 3D OFF
ON GRAPH SET BARNUMB OFF
ON GRAPH SET GRID ON
ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM NOLEAD
ON TABLE SET GRAPHSTYLE *
setFontSizeAbsolute(getLegendText(),true);
setFontSize(getLegendText(),14);
setFontStyle(getLegendText(),2);
setFontSizeAbsolute(getY1Label(),true);
setFontSizeAbsolute(getO1Label(),true);
setFontSize(getO1Label(),14);
setFontStyle(getO1Label(),2);
setY1LabelDisplay(true);
setFillMissingData(2);]
setTextRotation(getO1Label(),0);
setReportParsingErrors(false);
setSelectionEnableMove(false);
setDepthRadius(5);
setPlace(true);
setSeriesType(0,1);
setLegendDisplay(true);
setLegendMarkerPosition(0);
setMarkerDisplay(true);
setUseSeriesShapes(false);
setConnectScatterMarkers(true);
setO1LabelDisplay(true);
setO1AxisSide(0);
setO1MajorGridDisplay(true);
setO1MajorGridStyle(0);
setO1MinorGridDisplay(false);
setY1AxisSide(0);
setTextFormatPreset(getY1Label(),1);
setY1MajorGridDisplay(true);
setY1MajorGridStyle(0);
setY1MinorGridDisplay(false);
setFontSize(getO1Label(),12);
setFontSizeAbsolute(getO1Label(),true);
setPlace(true);
ENDSTYLE
ON GRAPH SET STYLE *
SQUEEZE=ON,
TYPE=REPORT, FONT=BOLD, JUSTIFY=CENTER,
$
ENDSTYLE
END
-EXIT

What I noticed is for some reason, nothing after the on hold USER_COUNTS command works, I once got an output response that said the graph will not display vertically. I think it has to do with the fact that it needs some alpha numeric values to display rather than what I am pulling in. I tried ON TABLE HOLD AS USR_COUNTS FORMAT ALPHA, that doesnt work. Also, I tried to use a Table file and not a Graph file and that didn’t display either. Any thoughts??

Thanks,

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Production & Development: WebFocus 7.6.4

Expert
posted Hide Post
My guess is that a combination of your WHERE clause and ACROSS COLUMNS is filtering out all you data.

ACROSS LOG_DAY COLUMNS 1 AND 2 AND 3 AND 4 AND5 AND 6 AND 7 AND 8 AND 9 AND 10 AND 11 AND 12 AND13 AND 14 AND 15 AND 16 AND 17 AND 18 AND 19 AND
20 AND 21 AND 22 AND 23 AND 24 AND 25 AND 26 AND27 AND 28 AND 29 AND 30 AND 31WHERE OS_USRNAME GT 2

The COLUMNS keyword effectively creates a WHERE clause only alowing the specified values through.

Have you verified that records for USER_NAME 2 exist ?

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
quote:
PRINT DST.OS_USRNAME
LOG_DAY
BY ...

This looks suspicious -- DST. is a form of data reduction, even though the verb is PRINT rather than SUM, so I am not sure what values will result in the LOG_DAY column.

In any event, your Graph request's ACROSS LOG_DAY COLUMNS ... act like a Where TOTAL condition -- run a Table to list the contents of the hold file, and check the values of LOG_DAY.

Then try again with BY LOG_DAY in the table request.

- Jack Gross
WF through 8.1.05

Posts: 1925 | Location: NYC | In FOCUS since 1983 | Registered: January 11, 2005Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
I did try to display the hold in a table file rather than a graph file, that did not display either. Also, all the data is correct and does work because I had previously got the graph to display, but by it's self though. Once, I placed it in another focexe file as an include and changed the hold name to match that being passed thru (i.e. USR_DATA)...it no longer displayed. I also know the Main Focexec file works too.

Gold member
posted Hide Post
I took out all the where clauses and you were right, its having an issue deciphering them...Thanks!

<JG>
posted
Multiple posting of the same issue does not find a quicker solution or faster help

The Y axis must be numeric

Report This Post