Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Need to install new 767 WF Server on Same Prod NT Box as 715 WF Server

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Need to install new 767 WF Server on Same Prod NT Box as 715 WF Server
 Login/Join

posted
My current Prod NT Box has WF Server 715 installed with port 8121 and is Using TOMCAT 5.

What is easiest way to install WF 767 Server on same box without disturbing the 715 install? Also I know that WF 767 comes with Tomcat 5.5 how does this all live on one box?

Thanks!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Posts: 4 | Location: NYC | Registered: October 16, 2006Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
You do not need Tomcat to install WF Reporting Server. When you install WF Reporting Server 767, just make sure you change all the ports and paths (different from 765).

If you plan on installing WF Client on the same box, make sure you install tomcat on a different directory than your previous tomcat directory and ofcourse change the ports. Also, during install of the WF Client change the paths and ports. These steps are documented on the install document.

There are many docs out there describing the process. Here are few

http://techsupport.informationbuilders.com/sps/22442068.html
http://techsupport.informationbuilders.com/sps/21632042.html

Thanks,
Sayed

WF 8.x and 7.7.x Win/UNIX/AS400, MRE/Portal/Self-Service, IIS/Tomcat, WebSphere, IWA, Realmdriver, Active Directory, Oracle, SQLServer, DB2, MySQL, JD Edwards, E-BIZ, SAP BW, R/3, ECC, ESSBASE

Posts: 285 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 27, 2006Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
If you want both server and client on the same machine then Tomcat 5.0 and 5.5 do NOT play nicely together on a Windows box as the config data is stored in the registry under Tomcat5.

If you are using Unix or another real OS then you can get them to play together but it's not easy and you would be better off upgrading to Tomcat 5.5 as the WF client 715 has no problem with it.

If you only want the server then as Sayed says make sure you change the default ports and paths (the paths should already be different) and also make sure you different server node names to avoid confusion.

Cheers

Stu

WebFOCUS 8.2.03 (8.2.06 in testing)

Posts: 253 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: February 07, 2007Report This Post
<JG>
posted
As Stu says, upgrade the Tomcat to 5.5 for the existing installation first.

Then using the Tech memo mentioned in the post links above, COPY the Tomcat directory
and paste it back into the same folder and rename it to whatever you want.
Then use the service.bat to register it as a service.

Make sure that the service.bat is in the Tomcat bin directory as some version of Tomcat
distributed by IBI do not include it. You may need to download a fresh binary from the
Tomcat web site)

Remember you must manually configure Tomcat as the install will only configure on a primary
Tomcat instance

Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Actually I just need to install the new 767 WF server on the machine that has WF 715 already installed on 8121. Also my client is on a different server so does that mean I do not need Tomcat at all on the WF Server Box? How do I install to a different port and which port should I use?

Posts: 4 | Location: NYC | Registered: October 16, 2006Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
We generally instal to port + 100 or port + 1000 for different instances on the same machines. eg 8221 or 9121

In my 762 blog there is a lot of material on where to change this setting in what files.

Server: WF 7.6.2 ( BID/Rcaster) Platform: W2003Server/IIS6/Tomcat/SQL Server repository Adapters: SQL Server 2000/Oracle 9.2
Desktop: Dev Studio 765/XP/Office 2003 Applications: IFS/Jobscope/Maximo

Posts: 888 | Location: Airstrip One | Registered: October 06, 2006Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NySpiro:
Actually I just need to install the new 767 WF server on the machine that has WF 715 already installed on 8121. Also my client is on a different server so does that mean I do not need Tomcat at all on the WF Server Box? How do I install to a different port and which port should I use?

In this case you do not need Tomcat on the WF server box.

During the install you will be shown the default ports and given a chance to change them. As per Hammo1j's post adding 100 or 1000 seem to be popular, but any ports that aren't being already used are fine.

Cheers

Stu

WebFOCUS 8.2.03 (8.2.06 in testing)

Posts: 253 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: February 07, 2007Report This Post