Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Suppression of Tooltips in PDF Drilldowns

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Suppression of Tooltips in PDF Drilldowns
 Login/Join

Expert
posted
Does anyone know how to suppress the tooltips which appear upon mouseover / hover in a drilldown in a PDF? I've been told that PDF does not support this. However, my client needs the suppression of the tooltips as they are not intuitive to the casual user and are found to be distracting. I thank you in advance for any information regarding this matter. -Doug

In FOCUS Since 1983 ~ from FOCUS to WebFOCUS.
   Current: WebFOCUS Administrator at FIS Worldpay | 8204, 8206

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
I don't think there's any way to do this - it's Adobe Acrobat Reader or Professional that's in control of the PDF report, not WebFOCUS.

I'd suggest not provide drilldown capability to the PDF report if the tooltip for the hyperlink is "distracting".

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
As Francis says, it doesn't appear that we can do that w/ WF. And it is ugly and annoying. However,what puzzles me is that in the WF manuals that come in pdf, there are hyperlinks all over the place, and there is no such distracting "tooltip" appearing when you aim at one of those links.
So, somewhere within the hallowed ivy-covered halls of 2 Penn the technology exists... we just gotta figure out who knows how...

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Thank you Francis and Susannah,

I was afraid of that... Perhaps the info will flow down from the hallowed ivy-covered halls of 2 Penn to our level.

Unfortunately, I do not have the option of not providing the drilldowns on the PDF. I produce "these reports" in PDF, Exl2k, and HTML. The HTML may go away as they may have out lived their usefulness.

I'll keep my ears open for anything coming down.

Thanks again
-Doug

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Doug, if you write these fexes, then you do have the ability to control whether the dd appears in each format...
Perhaps you dont have permission to tinker, but if you do... you can prevent the drilldowns from appearing in pdf, etc, in any number of ways...
for ex:
-DEFAULT &FMT = 'HTML';
TABLE FILE CAR
...do stuff
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
-IF &FMT NE 'HTML' GOTO nodrills;
TYPE=DATA,COLUMN=COUNTRY,FOCEXEC=FEX2(COUNTRY=COUNTRY),$
-nodrills
END
-oh, Doug, i just looked you up and recognized you! Good to talk to you. You already know what i just suggested, so there must be some other sitch going on Wink

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Yeah. So, what I need seems to mutually exclusive:
1) The report is in PDF
2a) The PDF report needs the drilldowns from within it.
2b) The ToolTips should not happen.

1 and 2a are doable. but 2b is the deal breaker. We'll have to live with it till such time as it's resolved.