Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] How to create Auto prompt variable drop down on a business view?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] How to create Auto prompt variable drop down on a business view?
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
Hi Everyone,

I am creating a business view on a cluster join in Data Management Console. My final goal is, when a user drag and drop a column(any column) from the business view in the info assist, it should auto prompt asking the user to choose a value from a drop-down(single select). The selected value will be applied in the where condition. How do I accomplish this? Please provide me your thoughts and inputs.

Note: I have created this cluster join by joining multiple synonyms, I have created a filter and a variable to input values for the filter. Whatever default value I give in the properties window of the variable, is being applied, but no prompt for the user to select. where should I go from here?

Environment: Data migrator 8202.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Autoprompt is turned off if your parameters are Optional. Check the WHERE test to make sure it's not Optional.

Assuming you have access to the WF Admin Console, open Admin Console click Client Settings look at the 5th item on the list: Persistent Amper Variable. If it's checked, Uncheck it. Save, Clear Cache and try using this filter in IA. If the variable is already unchecked, check the properties of the report with the filter that's not prompting and in Advanced look for Interactive Reporting Properties and see if Prompt for Parameters is checked. If it's unchecked, make sure it's checked.

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows

Posts: 1853 | Location: New York City | Registered: December 30, 2015Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
BabakNYC,

Are you referring to this one below?

Client Settings--->General--->IBIF_persistentamp

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Leela

In your initial comment you said this is for DataMigrator 8202, Babak's comment is really geared towards WebFOCUS and the admin console for 8202. None the less he was referring to the IBIF_persistentamp..

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats

Posts: 2127 | Location: Customer Support | Registered: April 12, 2005Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Chuck,

Yes, I used data management console to create the business view. Is there any way I could create the functionality I mentioned above in a business view?

Regards
Leela krishna

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Leela

Autoprompt is when a filter is created using a variable that is populated dynamically. Your requirement sounds like you want to force this to happen no matter what column the users wants to report on. I do not know of a way to satisfy that requirement.

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats

Posts: 2127 | Location: Customer Support | Registered: April 12, 2005Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Hi everyone,

Does anybody know how to do this? Any input would be appreciated, Thank you in advance.

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs