Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Dashboard - Can't find HTML file called from FOCEXEC

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Dashboard - Can't find HTML file called from FOCEXEC
 Login/Join

posted
guys,
i have a FOCEXEC in Dashboard that executes this command:

DEFINE FILE TBLLU_W2_FLG
OPTW2FLG/A80 = '<option value="'|W2_FLG|'">'|W2_FLG_DESC|'</option>';
END

TABLE FILE TBLLU_W2_FLG
SUM OPTW2FLG
BY W2_FLG_DESC NOPRINT
ON TABLE HOLD AS DW2FLG FORMAT ALPHA
END

-RUN
-HTMLFORM EBFILE200
-RUN

I added the FOCEXEC in Dashboard Builder as a Launch Block Type. When i go to my View, am getting this error:

ERROR: ERROR_MR_NO_OPEN can't open EBFILE200.htm

I already copied EBFILE200.htm into MR.

any clue?

btw, the FOCEXEC provides the data for my dynamic drop-down list. it works fine if i acces it directly from the reporting server.

---
thanks,

Posts: 24 | Location: NY | Registered: May 30, 2003Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Not sure if this is your issue but we had a similar problem once before.

If you are running linux as your client/server for WebFOCUS you may run into a naming issue as they are case-sensitive. Windows machines don't care about case-sensitivity.

So... if you are working with devstudio in windows and create a .fex named MyFeX.fex it doesn't care if you choose myfex.fex, myFEX.fex etc. While a linux machine will say it can't find the file (even if you just clicked on it in devstudio). So, we make it a point to name all .fex files in lower case.

I hope this helps.

Posts: 77 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: May 06, 2004Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
kerberos,

Let's see if I can help. First: You did import the htm file into MR. Second: Check the properties of the imported file look closely at the html file name this is the name that should be used in the -HTMLFORM. Third: Besure that the focexec is also in MR and make sure that you are not using -MRNOEDIT. If you are then the html file must be back where the WebFOCUS Reporting Server can find it (in the APP PATH). If the focexec is not in MR then the htm file must also be back where the WebFOCUS Reporting Server can find it.

Hope this helps.

posted Hide Post
thank you guys for all the reply.

This is interesting! it was not the filename's case sensitivity, but instead Webfocus has a limitation of 8 characters for the filename, although it displays the full file name in Developer Studio explorer, when i did look at the file property (inside Dev Studio explorer - right click on the filename then Properties ) it saved it as an 8-character filename. so in my case ebfile200.htm was actually saved in \app directory as ebfile20.htm. I have imported my html file (under \basedir\import ) using the
"Import External File(s)" function under New Standard Report and thats how it saved it to an 8-char filename. Interestingly, when did it with New Standard Report->HTML File->Text Editor and named it 9 character filename, it still saved it as an 8 character filename (123456789.htm was actually saved as 12345678.htm). Worst, when i tried to import the same file, it renamed it to some dynamically generated filename but in the Dev Studio explorer, you will see duplicate files. Unless you click on the properties, you will exactly see whats the real filename.

Am not sure if this is a limitation, or its just the way it works. I swear, i would have love to see it works like the windows' file explorer and its filenaming/system convention - no duplicate files!
it's just misleading, i guess.

---
regards

Posts: 24 | Location: NY | Registered: May 30, 2003Report This Post