Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Print MRE Query Text Using Report Caster

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Print MRE Query Text Using Report Caster
 Login/Join

<TMathis>
posted
We are using WF MRE V7 to create reports for SOX Audit reviews of data accesses. A new requirement of our Auditors is to print out the source query text used to generate the SOX reports.

Does anyone know any easy way to print out, via Report Caster initiated schedule the source text of the query used to produce the report?

Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
T.

Would you be so kind to update your signature with version info.

If you create a report with reportcaster you can send the logfile of that report to the application manager (that's what we do). But you can also send that report to the auditors. That report is in fact the script of the fex with the translated amper vars.
The auditors get the report and the fex at the same moment, they will love it.

Frank

prod: WF 7.6.10 platform Windows,
databases: msSQL2000, msSQL2005, RMS, Oracle, Sybase,IE7
test: WF 7.6.10 on the same platform and databases,IE7

Posts: 2387 | Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands | Registered: December 03, 2006Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Frank, Would you be so kind as to post some code for an example. This sounds like a very cool and useful technique for many companies.

Thanks
Scott

Scott

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Scott

On ReportCaster I use the gui and not the API or other coding.
One of the settings is the function to send a message to the Application Manager.
I will try to make some screen prints tomorrow and make a small instruction.
I can send it to you if you give me your email address. (and to others)

Frank

Posts: 2387 | Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands | Registered: December 03, 2006Report This Post
<TMathis>
posted
Thanks, my email address is timmathis@hotmail.com.

Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Tim

It may take a while to send you the instruction. I just today started my holiday for the next 3 weeks.
Beginning of august I will be back at the office and will create a small Word document with some screenshots.

Do you use the GUI to create your scheduled reports now?

I copied this piece of text from the pdf manual

"In the Full Notification To field, type the e-mail address to which you want a full notification
sent. A full notification sends a complete log report as an e-mail attachment. Note that
there is no syntax error checking for this field.
Note: If the Email Delivery, Restrict Email Domains option is set to yes in the
ReportCaster server configuration tool, then only those e-mail domains (the portion of
the e-mail address following the at symbol) listed in Allowed Email Domains (also in the
server configuration tool) are valid e-mail recipients."

So as you can see this has something to do with the scheduling and log notification of the reports.

Frank

<TMathis>
posted
Frank,

Yes, we use the Report Caster GUI to schedule the tasks(queries).

I tried the "full notification" option and that provided more details but die not include the source query statements.

I don't see any option in Report Caster to include the source query statements in the report output.

Tim

Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Tim

as said, I will come back on this in a few weeks.

Frank

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
If you turn on the echo (-SET &ECHO=ALL; ) the query statements are echoed back into the log.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
of course Darin...that is it.

Frank