Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Prompt statement
 Login/Join

<Lee Roper>
posted
I need to modify a data file and add records using a prompt statement. I have created a master and Foc file, and I am using the following FOCex to prompt for data:

MODIFY FILE VEBA10
PROMPT SQ1 TCD1 TDATE1 A1 COMM1
MATCH SQ1
ON MATCH REJECT
ON NOMATCH INCLUDE
DATA

I am getting the following error:
(FOC319) WARNING. THE FIELD IS INDEXED AFTER THE FILE WAS CREATED: TDATE1
0 DATA FOR TRANSACTION 1
+ SQ1 =
(FOC210) THE DATA VALUE HAS A FORMAT ERROR: EXEC .9999 EOF
+ SQ1 =
(FOC210) THE DATA VALUE HAS A FORMAT ERROR: APP DISABLE
+ SQ1 =
(FOC016) THE TRUNCATED FIELDNAME IS NOT UNIQUE: SET PCHOLD-FMT
+ SQ1 =
0 TRANSACTIONS: TOTAL = 0 ACCEPTED= 0 REJECTED= 0
SEGMENTS: INPUT = 0 UPDATED = 0 DELETED = 0

It added the SET PCHOLD-FMT line to my FOCex the first time I ran it.

Can anyone help me?

Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
i don't think the pchold-fmt has any place in a modify. but we need to see your master.
are you creating this file from scratch?
did you first build a master
then issue a CREATE command for the empty file?

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
<Lee Roper>
posted
I agree that the PC Hold doesn't have a place in Modify. WebFocus is trying to add that, not me.

Here is my master:

FILE=VEBA10, SUFFIX=FOC
SEGNAME=SEG1, SEGTYPE=S1, $
FIELD=SQ1, ALIAS=SQ1, FORMAT=I4, FIELDTYPE=I, $
FIELD=TCD1, ALIAS=TCD1, FORMAT=I4,
ACCEPT= 311 OR 201 OR 301 OR 111 OR 211 OR 112 , TITLE='TRANS-,ACTION,CODE', DESCRIPTION='TYPE OF TRANSACTION RELATED TO VEBA', $
FIELD=TDATE1, ALIAS=TDATE1, FORMAT=YYMD, TITLE='TRANS-,ACTION,DATE', $
FIELD=A1, ALIAS=A1, FORMAT=D12.2, TITLE='AMOUNT,$', $
FIELD=COMM1, ALIAS=COMM1, FORMAT=A20, TITLE='COMMENT', $

I did build the file from scratch. I can load data to the file by typing in the values in the focexec after data and running it that way, but not by using the Prompt command. Not sure what you mean about issuing a Create command.

Report This Post
<Lee Roper>
posted
I just re-read your question about the Create command, and the answer is yes. When I saved the master file, WebFocus asked if I wanted to create the data file and I said yes to that.

Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
So you are running a MODIFY within WebFOCUS?

Although you can use MODIFYs in WebFOCUS, I'd be surprised if a PROMPT would be supported.

You would need to use a MAINTAIN procedure or perhaps populate &vars with info and then use them in a MODIFY that doesn't use a prompt statement.

Posts: 346 | Location: Melbourne Australia | Registered: April 15, 2003Report This Post