Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED]Excel Format

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED]Excel Format
 Login/Join

posted
I have my report set to output to Excel. When I run it, it give the saves as option for Excel before I can open it. How can that be turned off so I can just open the output?

Thanks

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Emily McAllister>,

WebFOCUS 8105

<Emily McAllister>
posted
Hi cleming,

Can you give me more details about what you mean? How did you make this report? Do you mean that WebFOCUS is prompting you at runtime to choose a format, or that your browser prompts you to Open or Save As the resulting file?

Thanks,
Emily McAllister
Focal Point Moderator

Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
The browser prompts you to either Save or Open the file. This is the normal behaviour of WebFOCUS XLSX format. Now, let's see if anyone can tell you how to have the file open automatically.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
It happens with EXL2K as well when opening in Excel 2010. I always thought this was a function of the browser or Excel (we are on IE 11). I haven't tried with another browser.

In FOCUS since 1985. Prod WF 8.0.08 (z90/Suse Linux) DB (Oracle 11g), Self Serv, Report Caster, WebServer Intel/Linux.

Posts: 975 | Location: Oklahoma City | Registered: October 27, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:
Now, let's see if anyone can tell you how to have the file open automatically.

That would be nice...

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Redirection Settings...

Tom Flynn
WebFOCUS 8.1.05 - PROD/QA
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Posts: 1972 | Location: Centennial, CO | Registered: January 31, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Tom, I played with them a bit, without positive results. Just wondering if you successfully changed the redirection settings and made it work?

Francis

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Hi Francis,
Yes, screenshot below. Now, it does come up where we have to "Enable Editing", but, no save or open.
We also use an ASNAME to give it a viable report title, kinda:

TABLE FILE CAR
ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM OFF
SUM RC AND DC AND
COMPUTE PROFIT/P12.6 = (RC - DC) * .43567;
BY CAR
HEADING
"Profit By Car"
" "
ON TABLE COLUMN-TOTAL
ON TABLE PCHOLD AS 'Car_Report' FORMAT XLSX
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
TYPE=REPORT, COLOR=BLUE, BACKCOLOR=SILVER, SIZE=9,$
TYPE=HEADING, STYLE=BOLD, SIZE=14, $
TYPE=TITLE, STYLE=BOLD, SIZE=11,$
TYPE=GRANDTOTAL, STYLE=BOLD, SIZE=11,$
ENDSTYLE
END
-EXIT

Tom Flynn
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Posts: 1972 | Location: Centennial, CO | Registered: January 31, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
BTW, if I recall, the Save/Open box has a check box where it says always open in Excel - that box does need to be checked...

Tom Flynn
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Master
posted Hide Post
Tom, I don't see the screen print of your redirection settings.

In FOCUS since 1985. Prod WF 8.0.08 (z90/Suse Linux) DB (Oracle 11g), Self Serv, Report Caster, WebServer Intel/Linux.

Posts: 975 | Location: Oklahoma City | Registered: October 27, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Hey jg,
How about now? Using Tinypic...

Tom Flynn
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Expert
posted Hide Post
This doesn't appear to work in WF8.0.08 and IE11. I set all Excel related extensions to yes, yes, cleared the cache, restarted Tomcat, but I get the same result - a popup at the bottom of the IE11 page:

Francis

Expert
posted Hide Post
Sorry to see that Francis. May be the way the browsers are now downloading. Not used IE11.
1 extra click then, oh well!

Tom Flynn
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Expert
posted Hide Post
It's also possible this is due to Windows Group Policies set by the administrators.

Francis