Focal Point
[SOLVED] InfoAssist GUI tool

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/2727085926

March 18, 2013, 04:53 PM
globalwm
[SOLVED] InfoAssist GUI tool
I've noticed that once I create a fex using the InfoAssist tool, if I need to subsequently edit it in the text editor and then return to open it again in the InfoAssist GUI tool, the option to do this goes away. Only the option to Edit it again is available.

Do you know of a way to resurrect this edited source code back into the InfoAssist GUI tool?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: globalwm,

8.0.02M, Oracle 11.2 (AIX), Windows 2008R2, HTML, PDF, Excel
March 19, 2013, 09:51 AM
Kevin W
That is pretty much how it works. If you are very careful to write fairly simple code that IA understands, you can sometimes get it to open again. It is really meant to be a GUI centric product. More complex things that require direct code manipulation are done in Studio. I know that changing Joins to be more complex or working with Hold files are not supported in the GUI of my 7.7.03/04 release of IA.

WebFOCUS 7.7.05 (Someday 8)
Windows 7, All Outputs
In Focus since 1983.
March 19, 2013, 05:07 PM
VLozovsky
The WebFOCUS toolset generates the rich FOCUS fourth generation language. While this language is very extensive, the WebFOCUS toolset only supports a subset of the language and only specific syntax constructs. While the user can manually modify the content of these WebFOCUS procedures and files, there is no guarantee that the user will be able to open the modified procedure in the tool.
March 20, 2013, 09:41 AM
Kevin W
Thanks VLozovsky. You clarified what I was trying to say in my own rambling way. Wink

WebFOCUS 7.7.05 (Someday 8)
Windows 7, All Outputs
In Focus since 1983.
March 25, 2013, 03:55 PM
globalwm
Thanks all, I was just double-checking to make sure there wasn't something I was missing.

8.0.02M, Oracle 11.2 (AIX), Windows 2008R2, HTML, PDF, Excel
May 20, 2020, 10:21 AM
BrankoP
This is how far I've got to searching inside the repository. Now need a way to update the BLOB field:

SELECT DISTINCT
T2.PRT_PATH ,
T2.OBJNAME ,
T2.OBJTYPE ,
T2.CLASSNAME ,
T2.CREATEDBY ,
TO_CHAR(T2.CREATEDON, 'YYYY-MM-DD HH24:MI:SS') CREATEDON ,
T2.LASTMODBY ,
TO_CHAR(T2.LASTMODON, 'YYYY-MM-DD HH24:MI:SS') LASTMODON ,
T4.OBJDESC
FROM
SVC_WF_PRD.WF_CONTENT_REVS T1
INNER JOIN
SVC_WF_PRD.WF_REPOSOBJ T2
ON
T1.OBJ_HANDLE = T2.HANDLE
INNER JOIN
SVC_WF_PRD.WF_NLSOBJ T4
ON
T2.HANDLE = T4.OBJ_HANDLE
AND T2.DEF_LNG = T4.WF_LNG
WHERE
INSTR (T1.BCONTENT, CAST('search string' AS BLOB), 1, 1) > 0
AND T2.PRT_PATH LIKE '/WFC/Repository' || '%'
and T2.CREATEDBY ='created by user id '
and t2.OBJNAME like '%name of fex file%'

WebFOCUS 8
Windows/Unix
May 20, 2020, 12:23 PM
FP Mod Chuck
BrankoP

I am not sure why you posted this twice under two very old unrelated posts. What are you really trying to accomplish here.

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats