Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] How to capture weekends and holidays on a report that run M thru F?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] How to capture weekends and holidays on a report that run M thru F?
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Our users get a report that run Monday through Friday after batch on the following day. At the moment this report only captures these 5 days. Now the users want to see what happens on the weekends and holidays. They want the Tuesday report to show what happen on the weekend on this day only. How do I go about capturing 3 days on this report for Tuesday's run while the same report runs for only one day the rest of the week? HELP HELP!! I have no clue where to even start on this. Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance. :-)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WEBFOCUS 7.6.4
Server: WINXP

Posts: 121 | Registered: September 20, 2007Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
So let me see if I understand:

Mondays report contains Fridays data
Tuesdays report contains Sat, Sun & Mondays data
Wednesdays report contains Tuesdays data
Thursdays report contains Wednesdays data
Fridays report contains Thursdays data

Is this correct?

Glenda

In FOCUS Since 1990
Production 8.2 Windows

Posts: 301 | Location: Galveston, Texas | Registered: July 07, 2004Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Yes Ma'am. Exactly! :-)

WEBFOCUS 7.6.4

Guru
posted Hide Post
Try this:

-SET &&INCLUDE      = '-INCLUDE';
-SET &W1            = DOWK((&YYMD+0), '');
-SET &DOFRDT        = DECODE &W1 (MON 'AYMD(&YYMD, -3, ''I8YYMD'')'
-                                 TUE 'AYMD(&YYMD, -3, ''I8YYMD'')'
-                                ELSE 'AYMD(&YYMD, -1, ''I8YYMD'')');
-SET &FRDT          = &DOFRDT.EVAL;
-SET &DOTODT        = DECODE &W1 (MON 'AYMD(&YYMD, -3, ''I8YYMD'')'
-                                ELSE 'AYMD(&YYMD, -1, ''I8YYMD'')');
-SET &TODT          = &DOTODT.EVAL;

THEN YOUR WHERE CLAUSE WOULD BE:

WHERE DATEFIELD GE &FRDT.EVAL
WHERE DATEFIELD LE &TODT.EVAL

Glenda

In FOCUS Since 1990
Production 8.2 Windows

Posts: 301 | Location: Galveston, Texas | Registered: July 07, 2004Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Thank you Glenda! I will try this once they have something for me to test with. I called to get a test date and there are no polocies currently in the region I'm testing that fall on the weekend. It will be a few days before I know if I understood your code correct or not. :-( But as soon as I find out I will post my results. Thanks again!!!

WEBFOCUS 7.6.4

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks I was able to get this done. I went with holding the date the report is last run then reading the crrent date and it bringing back everything between the last time it ran and the current date. This way I will also capture holidays alnog with the weekends.

Thanks for all the help!

WEBFOCUS 7.6.4