Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Dates - drop down list

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Dates - drop down list
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
I'm using the HTLM form created from the GUI. I need to create a dropdown list that shows the past 45 days from previous day for selection. Is it possible to link a procedure that contains one field which would populate the date field in question?

Thanks,

Joe

WebFocus 7.7.02 WinXP

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Have you considered adding the 'calendar' icon as the selection option rather than using a drop down list? You can limit the number of days it will allow to be valid in the properties if I recall correctly. Of course if you need to be able to select multiple dates as in 'multiple or', the calendar wouldn't work for you.

Leah

Posts: 1317 | Location: Council Bluffs, IA | Registered: May 24, 2004Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I tried the calendar icon and I could not get it to work. Any ideas how?

WebFocus 7.7.02 WinXP

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I'm answering from home with out dev studio available, but one of the set up options for the calendar is tell it the type of date you want to use. For example if your date is stored as a smart date in ccyymmdd you would include that 'under the covers in properties, in this case YYMD' and then the calendar function passes the correct format and displays the date 'normally'.

Leah

Posts: 1317 | Location: Council Bluffs, IA | Registered: May 24, 2004Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:
Is it possible to link a procedure that contains one field which would populate the date field in question?

You can use a procedure to populate a dropdown and use calendar controls, or not. Check out chapter 6 of the "Developing Reporting Applications" manual. My book just opened to a page that has a example entitled "Returning a Range of Dates From a Procedure". This is in the calendar properties section. There is also a section entitled "Customizing Dynamic Procedures" which will show you how to set up a procedure to populate a dropdown box without a calendar control.

Check out this manual. It has lots of good stuff in it.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Hi JOE,

I created a new HTML file, and when the HTML Layout Painter launced, I clicked Insert | Calendar. I dragged a little square on a random spot and a textbox with a little calendar was created. I ran this and was shown a HTML page with the same text box and calendar icon. When I pressed the calendar icon, a full date picker popped up and when I clicked on a specific date, the date picker vanished and the date was entered into the text box.

Lacking any specifics of why this didn't work for you, I think the pop-up nature of the date picker could be the issue. Do you have any pop-up blockers installed (IE. Google Toolbar)? The date picker is probably an Active-X / Java Servlet type control, so you might have issues if your browser security is locked down. Can you try it in Firefox and IE and see if there's any difference between the two?

Barring that, let me know as much detail as to where and how it fails and I'll see what I can find.

Cheers,

Joey

-WebFOCUS 8.2.01 on Windows

Posts: 318 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: November 15, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks Moogle,
I'll give it a try.

WebFocus 7.7.02 WinXP