Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     list all mvs datasets starting with particular name

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
list all mvs datasets starting with particular name
 Login/Join

posted
Hi all,

I am using webfocus 7.0 and websphere server in my project.I am configuring a dsn name based on user input(date and report name) and showing in webpage using javascript.For single dataset its working fine,but in some specific reports i wants to show a multiple reports in browser,so for that i wants to list all that dataset starting with that particular dataset name.I believe the below tso command will list the tso name starting with "particular' name.

listc ('txcep.ax') all

but how can i do this in webfocus code,i wants to show this dataset names into one dropdwonlist.(if have multiple reports),the user will select the specific report,

please help me,

Webfocus 7.1,Z/OS,Webpage

<JG>
posted
Allocate a file using the DYNAM command

Then

Use the LISTC OUTFIE option to direct the output of the listc command to the file

e.g.
DYNAM ALLOC FILE ddname DA your.ddname.whatever SHR
-RUN
TSO LISTC ('txcep.ax') all OUTFILE (ddname)

You should be able to create some form of master to be able to read this file in WF

Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi JG,

Thanks for yours response.listc returning too many details,i wants only that dataset name in file,how we can get that ?

please advise

<JG>
posted
try without the ALL option

Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi JG,

I cannot get any success,the below tso command is returning the dataset names in command window,but i cannot this into file and dropdownlist,

i tried the below code but it's not gave any results,

DEFINE ALLOC FILEREPTFILE DATASET TXCEP.SAMPLE.ALL SHR REUSE
-RUN
-TSO LISTC LVL('TXCEP.NDM.OCS') OUTFILE (REPTFILE)
TABLE FILE REPTFILE
PRINT *
END

please advise it's possible to browse mvs datasets in webfocus report server,

thx

<JG>
posted
You do not browse files in WebFOCUS
You read them using a master file.

Create a master file called REPTFILE

something like

FILE=REPTFILE ,SUFFIX=FIX
SEGNAME=REPTFILE
FIELDNAME=DATALINE ,E01 ,A80 ,A80 ,$

As you have already issued a DYNAM ALLOC for the file

you treat it like any other data flat file source for WebFOCUS

TABLE FILE REPTFILE
PRINT DATALINE
END

The A80 should match the LRECL of your file TXCEP.SAMPLE.ALL

Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi,i am sorry,still cannot make this code work,if anyone provide a complete code of writing into file and binding into dropdownlist is really very helpful to me(with some sample dataset name).

thx