Focal Point
[CLOSED] HTML ESRI Map Refreshing issue

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/2757092196

May 09, 2019, 11:08 AM
srajeevan
[CLOSED] HTML ESRI Map Refreshing issue
Hi All,

I have an application where i have an HTML with an ESRI map in it.
When the HTML loads the map layer gets generated and show points in the map based on the filers.

For some users(at different location) ,they are assigned a default filter value which doesn't have an output for the fex which serves value to the map.
For those users the map layer itself is not getting generated.
But for those users,once they loads the application,they can change the filer and apply a filter value which will output value to the map.
But since map layer is not generated during the load and they are not able to see any map points even after giving a different filter values.

So i added a condition to check if

&LINES EQ ZERO --> then i will branch it to create a dummy values for the map fields and use that to generate the map layer ,so that the map layer with one dummy record gets generated.

Now again for those users with no default output , map layer is getting created(after making the above change) and but even after changing the filter values ,the same dummy map point only shows in the map layer.I am refreshing the map layer whenever i send a new request.

Does refreshing the map layers runs the fex underneath it again and produce new values.?I hope so.
But i don't see the new map points in the map layer.All i see is the same dummy values i inserted for &LINES EQ 0

Any suggestions to fix this issue.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

WF8206,Windows 7,8,10
HTM,PDF,EXCEL
May 10, 2019, 10:03 AM
FP Mod Chuck
srajeevan

I reached out to product management on this and they would like you to open a case so that this can be debugged for you.

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats