Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] LOST CAR Datasource;Restoring CAR datasource

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] LOST CAR Datasource;Restoring CAR datasource
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
HI,

TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT *
END

This is giving me error as

0 ERROR AT OR NEAR LINE 1 IN PROCEDURE ADHOCRQ FOCEXEC *
(FOC205) THE DESCRIPTION CANNOT BE FOUND FOR FILE NAMED: CAR
BYPASSING TO END OF COMMAND

I think I lost my CAR datasource, how can I restore it?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WebFocus 5.2.5
HP-UX(UNIX)
EXCEL, HTML, PDF and OLAP

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
First I'd search the app directories. Most chance to find it is in the ibisamp directory.
If it's not there, PM me, and I'll send you the files.

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988

Posts: 1961 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
APP APPENDPATH IBISAMP
-RUN
TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT *
END

IBISAMP folder is probably not on your APP PATH.

? PATH
-EXIT

Tom Flynn
WebFOCUS 8.1.05 - PROD/QA
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Posts: 1972 | Location: Centennial, CO | Registered: January 31, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Or run the loadcar.fex in the ibisamp directory. Make sure you look at the fex first to make sure that it will write the car file in a permanent location.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
As it is erroring on the MAster, that is the first thing to check for.

As Tom says, it should be in the IBISAMP directory. Was this directory loaded when the install was done ?, As GamP says do a search for it. It should be under the ibi directory structure, if a standard install was done.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
I hope it's only the CAR FILE and not YOUR CAR...

Sorry, I couldn't resist that one... Well, I could have. But, what the heck... I'm felt like posting it anyway.

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I just sent you the entire ibisamp folder (zipped). Hope this will solve your problem.

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988

Posts: 1961 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug:
I hope it's only the CAR FILE and not YOUR CAR...

Sorry, I couldn't resist that one... Well, I could have. But, what the heck... I'm felt like posting it anyway.

Ha ha ha ... its just CAR FILE now

WebFocus 5.2.5
HP-UX(UNIX)
EXCEL, HTML, PDF and OLAP

Expert
posted Hide Post
MKS: I'm glad you enjoyed it...

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
FOC files from windows may not work on on UNIX.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post