Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Dev Studio Install

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Dev Studio Install
 Login/Join

posted
Are there instructions that describe in detail how to install/set-up Dev Studio 7.6.8 to a server with Webfocus 7.6.8 already installed. The Dev studio installation manual says that the install will detect WF is already installed and will use the existing WF environment. But, everytime I try to open dev studio and connect to the existing WF environment it says: The URL could not be found:'http://localhost:8080/ibi_html/index.htm'Can anyone tell me what I need to change in the Dev Studio set-up to fix this?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Expert
posted Hide Post
1. Is WebFOCUS on another server?

2. Did you have Developer Studio already installed on that machine?

If the answer to 1 is yes and the answer to 2 is no, then there is no wfscom.xml file in directory C:\Documents and Settings\your_userid\Application Data\Information Builders.

If this is the case, then you have to go to Show Environments and set one up.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
1. Webfocus is on the same server.
2. Dev Studio is installed on that server.

Expert
posted Hide Post
What port is the webserver on localhost listening on? Is the web server running?

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
The DevStudio install always will give you a standard environment file, that will always point to localhost:8080. If your server is already installed and if the webserver you want/need to use is already installed, then devstudio will detect that and will not try to reinstall these products. But it will not change the environment file.
How to change this, is to go to DevStudio, open the environments and add the connection you need to have. After that remove the localhost connection. I have come across several instances where it would not work to just change the localhost environment or to first remove localhost and then add a new env. So I make it my standard to just add a new connection with all the correct info, before making any change to the old environment.
But, if it only a change of port number (most probably it is port 80), just change that and you're done.

Hope this helps...

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988

Posts: 1961 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
O.K. I deleted localhost and added my new environment and still received the same error.

Our WF set-up uses CAC card authentication and then user-id and pwd for login. When "required CAC authentication" is turned off I can set the enviroment and it works.

Does DEV studio work with CAC card authentication and if so how do you set it up?

Expert
posted Hide Post
Hi LAW,

I passed this one to our internal people for assistance and the response is that, it looks like the problem is with the set-up, which need to be configured. The best channel of assistance for set-up/configuration issues would be to open a case with Information Builders' Customer Support Services. You may either call at 1-800-736-6130, or access online at InfoResponse.

Cheers,

Kerry

Kerry Zhan
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders, Inc.

Posts: 1948 | Location: New York | Registered: November 16, 2004Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Hi all,

FYI, LAW has a case opened for this issue and here is the response from the case: WebFOCUS Developer Studio is not currently supported with KPI and CAC card authentication. There is currently a New Feature Request in programming to support this, but it has not yet been assigned a target release date.

Cheers,

Kerry

Kerry Zhan
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders, Inc.

Posts: 1948 | Location: New York | Registered: November 16, 2004Report This Post