Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Printing TX50 fields

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Printing TX50 fields
 Login/Join

<Cisco>
posted
Does anyone know if there are any known issues when doing this in webfocus 5.2?

No matter what way I print, I only ever get the first instance of a TX50? All other instances are blank.

Here is the code

TABLE FILE ISSUINFO
HEADING CENTER
"PSDB Reporting"
PRINT
UPDATEDETAILS ** Text file one
BY ISSUENUMBER NOPRINT PAGE-BREAK
ON ISSUENUMBER SUBHEAD
"Issue Number: "
" < EXPR2 > " text file 2
ON ISSUENUMBER SUBFOOT
"Method of Implementation: "
END

In the above code, EXPR2 display ok, but Update Details only gives me the first row

Also if I just try a normal print

TABLE FILE ISSUDETL
""
END

or

TABLE FILE ISSUINFO
""
END

All I get the first instance in the database then a long list of blanks. Yet stranfely in my first example EXPR2 will print ok.

Does anyone know of any problems with TX50 printing? Or any techniques to print TXT50 fields?

Thanks!!

Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Is this a join issue, you don't show one. If so are you expecting multiple instnces if so may need a join xxx to ALL xxx.

Or you may have a key issue in your join.

Posts: 1317 | Location: Council Bluffs, IA | Registered: May 24, 2004Report This Post
<Cisco>
posted
The first example is a join yes, but I'm pretty sure the join is correct.

The second two examples though

TABLE FILE ISSUDETL
" < USERDETAILS > "
END

or

TABLE FILE ISSUINFO
" < EXPR2 > "
END

don't use a join at all and I still get the same problem. They are just simple prints from an MFD.

TABLE FILE ISSUINFO
PRINT EXPR2
END

TABLE FILE ISSUDETL
PRINT USERDETAILS
END

Give the same problem

Report This Post