Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     known issues with Studio 5.2.5 on XP / ie 7???

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
known issues with Studio 5.2.5 on XP / ie 7???
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
Hi everybody.

I recently installed Win XP on my PC at work, decided to upgrade to the new internet explorer 7. I re-installed Dev Studio 5.2.5, which is the version we are still using here because we never had time to upgrade (too much reports to tests - lack of time) and surprisingly, I can't run any fex, I see HTML tags but nothing gets executed... I unistalled ie 7, same problem.

I really need to be able to run my fex, I have modifications to apply to my reports. I can still use MRE to run them, but it's a PITA.

Anybody can help me fix that?

I see things like that:

<.html>
<.head>
<.body onload="document.form.submit[)">
<.form method="POST" name="form" action="HTTP://IBIWEB-RM/ibi_apps/WFServlet">
<.input type="hidden" name="IBIMR_action" value="MR_RUN_FEX">
<.input type="hidden" name="IBIMR_sub_action" value="MR_STD_REPORT">
<.input type="hidden" name="IBIMR_fex" value="app/in00003l.fex">
<.input type="hidden" name="IBIMR_folder" value="#inventoryrep">
<.input type="hidden" name="IBIMR_domain" value="inventor/inventor.htm">
<.input type="hidden" name="IBIMR_flags" value="">
<.input type="hidden" name="IBIMR_random" value="16827">
<./form>
<./html>

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FliPPeR,

Web Focus Studio 5.2.5 on Win2k3

Posts: 87 | Location: Montreal, QC, Canada | Registered: September 03, 2004Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Download the IE7 patch from the IBI website...
http://techsupport.informationbuilders.com/tech/wbf/wbf_dia_ie70.html

WebFOCUS 8202 Win 2012
Test - WebFOCUS 8203 on Win 2012

Posts: 173 | Registered: November 16, 2005Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Thanks but the pacth is for the web server, not Dev Studio, it's already applied...

Posts: 87 | Location: Montreal, QC, Canada | Registered: September 03, 2004Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Anybody else is having this problem?? Dev Studio 5.2.5 doesn't seem to work anymore on Win XP SP 2 when it comes time to Run procedures.

Please help!!!

Expert
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately, only one of many reasons why I (and many others) will not be upgrading to IE 7 for quite a while.

Sorry I'm not being helpful with this comment.

By the way, what, exactly is happening?

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
The problem is NOT related to ie 7.0, I've installed Dev Studio 5.2.5 on another PC with Win XP and the regular ie 6.X and I get the same problem. I can't run anything, I only see html tags with hidden fields...

Expert
posted Hide Post
Hi FliPPeR,

In Internet Explorer, after installing WINDOWS XP SP2, there are some new options in TOOLS/INTERNET OPTIONS/ADVANCED. One of them is 'Allow active content to run in files on my computer'. This option needs to be checked in order for Developer Studio to work properly.

Devstudio was not certified on Windows XP SP2 until 5.2.7.

Hope this info helps. Smiler

Cheers,

Kerry

Kerry Zhan
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders, Inc.

Posts: 1948 | Location: New York | Registered: November 16, 2004Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Thanks a lot Kerry!

That worked, I'm so happy. I was stuck with a Virtual PC running Win2K for using Dev Studio 5.2.5. Even if it's not certified, I'm gonna continue using it, we are going to upgrade to WF 7.X after christmas anyway.

Gold member
posted Hide Post
With Kerry's help, I can now run reports under XP SP2 from Dev Studio, but there is only one problem and it's the same from the MRE, I can't have pdf output reports anymore, they generate errors:

Invalid character
Object Expected

My Acrobat works fine on any other pdf files even from internet explorer. Could it be related to ie 7.0 only? I've tried on another Win XP SP2 PC with ie 6.0 and worked fine.

Any help is appreciated Red Face)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FliPPeR,

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
I had the same issue with 7.0 using a .SVG file in pdfs. I never was able to figure out the issue. I put a ticket in at Microsoft during the beta testing of 7.0. I went back to using 6.0. Please let everyone know if you figure this out.

Thanks and good luck!

Thanks!

WebFOCUS 7.1.4
WIN XP/SP2

Posts: 37 | Location: Baltimore, MD, USA | Registered: September 06, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Hi FliPPeR,

This could just be a problem with displaying characters. We have seen similar error messages in later WebFOCUS releases as well, prior to IE 7.

However, something to consider is that Windows XP is not supported on the WebFOCUS Client as well as the fact there is a fix for IE7. The following online documents may be of interest:

Microsoft Windows 2003 and XP Support Statement for WebFOCUS
http://techsupport.informationbuilders.com/tech/wbf/wbf_tmo_028.html

Microsoft Internet Explorer Version 7.0
http://techsupport.informationbuilders.com/tech/wbf/wbf_dia_ie70.html

Hope this helps. Smiler

Cheers,

Kerry

Kerry Zhan
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders, Inc.

Posts: 1948 | Location: New York | Registered: November 16, 2004Report This Post