Focal Point
[SOLVED] Looking for a SET command that loads one HTML page at a time

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/2787026616

February 13, 2012, 03:42 PM
Deborah Sullivan
[SOLVED] Looking for a SET command that loads one HTML page at a time
Hi,

I am hoping that this is an easily answerable question:

I remember that there was a SET command that you could use for HTML output that would allow one to load one page at a time. I was thinking it was "BYPANEL", but after a little searching, I don't think that is it.

Basically, I would like the functionality similar in Active Report that allows the user to scroll to the next page of records so the initial load is less cumbersome (and response is quicker). I have gotten so used to using Active Report that I have forgotten this command. I am doing an accordion styling for this report, so AHTML won't work in this scenario. If anyone has a quick answer, I would appreciate it!

Regards,

Debbie

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,
February 13, 2012, 04:02 PM
Waz
Are you thinking of WEBVIEWER ?

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

February 14, 2012, 10:30 AM
DavSmith
You need 2 lines of code:

ON TABLE SET WEBVIEWER ON
ON TABLE SET CACHELINES 100

Note that with Webviewer set to ON, you will lose the ability send your report via email from any of the column Active drop downs.

In FOCUS since 1985 - WF 8.009/8.104 Win 8 Outputs: ALL of 'em! Adapters: Sql Server Teradata Oracle
February 14, 2012, 12:23 PM
Deborah Sullivan
quote:
ON TABLE SET WEBVIEWER ON
ON TABLE SET CACHELINES 100

Thanks for the responses. This is not the command that I was looking for, but I'll give it a try, maybe it will help.
February 15, 2012, 12:34 PM
Deborah Sullivan
So, I stand corrected. The "SET" command absolutely was "ON TABLE SET WEBVIEWER ON". It's been a long time since I needed it, so I was convinced the SET command was something else.

Anyway, thanks for the help, I am now using this and it helps somewhat with the response time and display of my report (in AHTML). I am not seeing any difference when I change the CACHELINES setting however, but I think it's okay the way it is. I had to abandon my hope to use accordion styling. It just does not look right with the WEBVIEWER ON. I'll keep that as an idea for something else down the road however.

Thanks again.