Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED]Using a PDF in a WebFOCUS report

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED]Using a PDF in a WebFOCUS report
 Login/Join

posted
Is it possible to use a PDF as an image for a WebFOCUS report?

For example, we issue a low volume of 1099s each year. The current form is available at the IRS website as a PDF. I would like to produce a PDF as the WebFOCUS report output which makes use of the IRS PDF and the properly aligned report I create with the particular information for each recipient.

This is not the only situation where we need to print a WebFOCUS report on something that is a PDF. With the end of Adobe LIfeCycle, I am getting more and more user requests to convert existing reports to WebFOCUS.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Emily McAllister>,

WebFOCUS Version 7.6.4, OS AIX 5.3.0.0, output PDF, Excel

Posts: 6 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: April 22, 2010Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
I WONDER IF YOU'LL NEED TO CONVERT THE .PDF TO A VIABLE IMAGE FORMAT LIKE .GIF OR .JPG. ?

HAVE YOU TRIED TO PUT A SMALL PDF IMAGE IN YOUR REPORT YET?

AFTER PERUSING THE WF DOCUMENTATION IT APPEARS THE YOU DO. http://pdf2jpg.net/

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tomsweb,

Tomsweb
WebFOCUS 8.1.05M, 8.2.x
APP Studio, Developer Studio, InfoAssist, Dashboards, charts & reports
Apache Tomcat/8.0.36

Posts: 573 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: July 06, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
In the past we have used various tools to capture the PDF image and converted to a GIF. The complaint has been that the result is not as sharp as the PDF.

Expert
posted Hide Post
I can think if two ways to do this.

1. As you have said, convert the PDF to an image.

2. Get a PDF tool, to merge/overlay the two pages together, and output a new PDF.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Try the highest quality setting using http://pdf2jpg.net/

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs

posted Hide Post
I can propose to management using a PDF tool to merge the output or using pdf2jpg to create the image. I will see how it goes over. I think they were expecting that in newer releases of WebFOCUS (certainly newer than 7.6.4) the facility to use the PDF would be available.

Thanks to all for the responses.