Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED]Report Painter Overiding doc format

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED]Report Painter Overiding doc format
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Is there a way to keep report painter from overriding my Doc format.

I prefer to use

ON TABLE SET ONLINE-FMT '&DOCFORMAT' 

OR

ON TABLE SET ONLINE-FMT PDF  

In the first case when exiting out of painter it wipes out the whole line.

In the second case it changes it to a PCHOLD file.

Any help.

Thanks

Dan

This message has been edited. Last edited by: moyer1dl,

IBM Main Frame: MVS, FIX, VSAM

Windows SQL

WF 7.7

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
The first question of course is why you prefer to use the set online-fmt statement over the pchold statement.
Second question is: have you tried to say PCHOLD FORMAT &FORMAT?

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988

Posts: 1961 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
The reason I like it is because it is easier to view the report as it finishes and then save it to file if it is acceptable.

No I have not used that one.

Windows SQL

WF 7.7

Guru
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by moyer1dl:
The reason I like it is because it is easier to view the report as it finishes and then save it to file if it is acceptable.

No I have not used that one.

i don't understand why it would be much different so ill turn GamP's question on its head:

is there any reason why you can't use ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT?

Developer Studio 7.64
Win XP
Output: mostly HTML, also Excel and PDF

"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity." - Heinlein's Razor

Posts: 285 | Location: UK | Registered: October 26, 2007Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
PCHOLD Format doesnt bring the report up on the screen automatically. I have to hunt it down to where ever it saves it.

Windows SQL

WF 7.7

Expert
posted Hide Post
PCHOLD says "bring the output back to the client". This should be the browser. I don't understand what you mean by having to hunt it down whereever it saves it.
TABLE FILE CAR
SUM SALES
BY COUNTRY
-*ON TABLE SET ONLINE-FMT PDF
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT PDF
END

These two lines produce the same output.

Am I missing the point?

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
What I mean is when I use PCHOLD I just get a message that gives me the statitics of the report and says it has been saved. How many records and how many lines on the browser it does not produce the report. In fact I have never been able to locate where the report goes. I have searched on my pc and in the project folders and it is no where to be found. It basically goes to oblivion.

Windows SQL

WF 7.7

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
As Ginny said: PCHOLD FORMAT xxx and OFFLINE-FMT xxx are the same and produce the same output - the results are sent back to the client, whatever this client is. If you use ON TABLE HOLD (so without the PC) then you get the behaviour you describe. The results are being held in the default location, which is one of the agent directories in the edatemp folder, and when the agent finishes, the temp directory gets cleared. So then it looks as though it goes into oblivion - but only after the agent finishes.
You can see that the file gets created if you do a SET TEMPERASE=OFF in your fex. That will prevent the clearing of all files after the agent finishes and allows you to view the contents of the temporary folder.

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988

Posts: 1961 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
i dont use mainframe but the way i understand it is that PCHOLD returns the report to the client wheras HOLD saves it as a ftm file on the server, and HOLD FORMAT XFOCUS saves it XFOCUS file on the server...

as others have said here so personally im confused that on mainframe you've never had a report returned as html to your browser using ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT HTML

Developer Studio 7.64
Win XP
Output: mostly HTML, also Excel and PDF

"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity." - Heinlein's Razor

Posts: 285 | Location: UK | Registered: October 26, 2007Report This Post