Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Fonts not working for format PDF

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Fonts not working for format PDF
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
I feel like this issue has been touched on, but I'm not seeing a definite answer. I am trying to set one field value in the footing to a different font as the rest of the document. It works great in HTML, excel, etc, but not in PDF, with is the format I need.

For the report, I have the font as 'ARIAL', but for

FOOTING
LINE=4
OBJECT=FIELD
ITEM=1
FONT='LUCIDA HANDWRITING'

Again, perfect in any other format than PDF. Is there a list of fonts that work in PDF?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

WebFOCUS 768
OS/400
HTML, also quite a few active reports and excel.

Master
posted Hide Post
Amber, I would check out this document on PDF Formatting, http://www.informationbuilders.../developers/htmlpdf2 .
Its very informative and helpful. Without more of your code, I can't help pinpoint your specific problem, but the issue is most likely in how PDF interprets styling differently then HTML. The above document should help.

Eric Woerle
8.1.05M Gen 913- Reporting Server Unix
8.1.05 Client Unix
Oracle 11.2.0.2

Posts: 750 | Location: Warrenville, IL | Registered: January 08, 2013Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Thank you Eric for the doc, but all the other formatting is correct. It's underlined, centered, 10pt in size, and the font is visually different than the rest of the report, which is Arial. But looks nothing like Lucida Handwriting. In the gui/Report Painter, it shows in the correct font, but not when the pdf is generated. If I change the whole report font to Lucida, it not the correct font for the whole document, which leads me to believe that only certain fonts can be used for PDF. Or, maybe my version of Acrobat Reader.

WebFOCUS 768
OS/400

Gold member
posted Hide Post
I think I might know what my issue is. The reporting server is on the IBM I. I'm under the impression that for the PDF, the font must be installed here.

WebFOCUS 768
OS/400

Guru
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Amber:
I think I might know what my issue is. The reporting server is on the IBM I. I'm under the impression that for the PDF, the font must be installed here.

Yes, any fonts that you want to use in a PDF must be available to the Reporting Server. In WF7X you will need to specifically tell the Reporting Server about the fonts that you want to have available. This is done by editing the
pdf.fmp file in /ibi/srv76/home/etc or fontmap.xml file in /ibi/srv77/home/etc

Check out the WebFOCUS Creating Reports manual for detailed instructions on Configuring the fonts

Regards

Stu

WebFOCUS 8.2.03 (8.2.06 in testing)

Posts: 253 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: February 07, 2007Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hello Amber,

Please look at a previous post of mine:

It might be helpful to you, especially the last part

quote:
What happened is that I had to modify the fontuser.xml rather than the fontsamp.xml. Both files look identical but only adding the font in fontuser.xml showed result.

Furthermore it's important that the font name is the same name in your stylesheet as it is in the .xml file.

WebFOCUS 8105m
Windows 7, All Outputs

Member of the Benelux Usergroup

Posts: 198 | Location: Amsterdam | Registered: August 24, 2011Report This Post