Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Can we capture the values a user selects when running a query in a log?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Can we capture the values a user selects when running a query in a log?
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
My security compliance has asked me to track what values are selected to run a query by each user and store this information . I have the log that says what query they ran , but not if they selected patient 12344332.

8002 Windows

Expert
posted Hide Post
Abosolutely. Check out the "Usage Tracking: Know Who Ran What FEX, When, With What Parameters, and More" Summit presentation by Susannah Jones and Anthony Alsford.

quote:
Are your customers actually using the reports you worked so hard to design? Are they using that Active Technology feature or that complicated PDF they insisted upon? Your customers' managers want to see which staff members are actually working hard, by counting the number of times they run your reports. We'll show you a way to track "fexecutions" (collecting fexnames, userids, date/time stamps, and parameters selected) and demonstrate how to generate usage reports. Using a similar technique, we can collect more information about every fexecution, so that a Crashed Agent will be full of easy-to-read clues to help you debug it. All techniques to be highlighted are version- and platform-independent.

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Anybody got a link for that?

...except for the one that says :
"Registered Summit attendees can download many of the Summit 2013 presentations by logging into our secure event registration site. You can also view our full conference agenda."

?

Posts: 668 | Location: Veghel, The Netherlands | Registered: February 16, 2010Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Dave--try this thread for using trace to capture the parameters to a file and then parse them out:

http://forums.informationbuild...1057331/m/6657096916

WF: WebFocus 7.7.03
Data: Oracle, MSSQL, DB2
Output: HTML/AHTML,PDF,EXL2K FORMULA, COMT

Master
posted Hide Post
@nd

thanks !

Posts: 668 | Location: Veghel, The Netherlands | Registered: February 16, 2010Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Did anyone find the link to that presenation ? I read the other thread, but it appears that is only fex specific.. ie I need to find out if user X ran any report for patint id XXXXXXX. I am thinking I should track the SQL passed on SQL server. Then just use the current tool to see what reports they ran then go to SQL to see if they passed that patient ID .

8002 Windows