Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] App Studio - Customize column titles in Guided Adhoc

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] App Studio - Customize column titles in Guided Adhoc
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
I am creating a guided ad-hoc report using App Studio 8009 and have gotten stuck on changing the column titles to be user friendly. I have successfully created guided reports, with user friendly titles, when we had 7703. Currently, I have searched the knowledge base, documentation (both app studio and training) and the forum and it seems that all of the information I have seen that is similar doesn't quite help me complete this in app studio.

I'm guessing my lack of experience in app studio is hindering me but I'm hoping someone can give me some advice on how I can change my column titles in my guided reports.

Thanks

This message has been edited. Last edited by: cldiaz,

WebFOCUS 8204
Windows, All Outputs

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Have you tried modifying the Title in the master file for each of the columns? I do that in all of my master files.

Windows 7
Excel, AHTML, HTML,PDF

Posts: 41 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: September 14, 2012Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Cldiaz,
What I normally do is what wlwright1 suggested. Set up the Title in the Master File Description with the desired column titles. However, this can get sticky if you need to use hold files and depending on how do hold files, you could lose the titles.
Use SET command
SET HOLDATTR = ON

I've also changed titles outside of the MFD by created a hold file in FORMAT FOCUS (OR FORMAT XFOCUS) by using AS Names.

WebFOCUS 8.1.05
Windows, All Outputs

Posts: 35 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: May 17, 2013Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks both of you! I did try changing the titles in the masterfile, that works for my by and across fields but my measures when I'm counting distinct I still see the CNT.DST.XXX.

I haven't tried creating a hold file with the information needed and using the AS names. I will try that!

Thanks again!

WebFOCUS 8204
Windows, All Outputs

posted Hide Post
You also mentioned guided ad-hoc. So possibly the calculated field like CNT.DST.XXX could be one of the selection value.
You can also use AS command in the value of the combo box:

Value---------------------------------------Description
CNT.DST.XXX AS 'Total count XXX'------------Total Distinct count for XXX

Also make sure in the properties of the combo box, "Add quotes" is set to NO.

All Releases
All OS, All Outputs

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
I attempted using the hold file but I still get the same issue with my measure fields that are Distinct Counts, this is the same problem I have with changing the title in the master file. The column title is still labeled 'Distinct Count XXX'

Shahram's approach is how I completed this in 7703 and that worked fine there, but in App Studio I'm getting a (FOC003) error on the fields where I add an AS 'name' in the value. It appears it doesn't see the 'name' part of this. I did double check the properties for the list box and that I had NO selected for multiple:Quotes.

Maybe I should try replicating this in 8009 dev studio and see if it works in there.

Thanks for the responses!

WebFOCUS 8204
Windows, All Outputs

posted Hide Post
I would suggest to turn on the echo to see what is passing to your procedure:
on top of your procedure type the following:
-SET &ECHO=ALL;

This might help you to debug.

All Releases
All OS, All Outputs

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks Shahram! Using &ECHO helped to figure out that single quotes were still being put around my column name, even though I had 'NO' selected for the multiple:quotes property box.

I used a tip from this post: [SOLVED] Guided Ad-Hoc Column Titles
Instead of CNT.DST.XXX AS 'Total count XXX' for the value, I entered it like this

CNT.DST.XXX' AS 'Total count for XXX 

I didn't do this in my procedure but in the Value column of the double list box as Shahram suggested.

Success! Thanks for the responses!

WebFOCUS 8204
Windows, All Outputs