Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Z-Index Group Box

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Z-Index Group Box
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
I use the GUI to create my HTML pages. When I have all of my controls set up, I then go to add group boxes around some of my controls. I set my form at z-index 1, my controls at z-index 3 (or I've tried higher) and my group box at z-index 2. My group boxes appear on top of my form as I would expect, but it always puts the group box on top of the controls, where I can't click on then to select anything. I've somehow got them to work before, but I don't know how I did it. Has anyone else had this issue and have a solution? I've checked the code and it does looks like it sets the z-index to what I said in the GUI, but there must be another property that does something I'm not expecting.Thanks

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

WF 8.0.08 (Prod); WF 8.2.06 (Dev)

Posts: 83 | Location: OK | Registered: November 19, 2015Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Select your Group Box then right click and choose : "Send to back".

And in the same way you can select your controls and choose : "Bring to front"

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007

Posts: 2409 | Location: Montreal Area, Qc, CA | Registered: September 25, 2013Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Thanks, yeah I've tried that and also just the
"move forward" and "move back" options as well to no avail. It seems to work as far as not positioning it under the form, but not the controls.

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Hi Evan

Sounds like you need to open a case with techsupport...

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats

Posts: 2127 | Location: Customer Support | Registered: April 12, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Evan,

Unfortunately adding a group box does not automatically "group" the controls that you draw the group box around.

If you open the "properties" dialog on the right, activate the component dropdown list, you will probably find that the controls that you expect to be within the group box are not!

To remedy this, draw your group box away from the controls you wish to include within it. Click each control that you wish to add into the group box, holding the CTRL key to multi-select them. Now hold the ALT key and drag the controls into the group box.

Now when you look within the component dropdown list in the properties dialog, you should see that your controls are now within the group box.

If this is not what you are after, then I would suggest the same as Chuck, contact tech support.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the tip, I will give it a try!