Focal Point
[SOLVED] Creating a hold file/master file with static data(not from database)

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/2817057096

September 07, 2018, 01:21 PM
Jarves
[SOLVED] Creating a hold file/master file with static data(not from database)
I have to display some static content (8 pieces each has subheading and description) on a pdf. Also I want to control these subheading when to display when not to display through an HTML page(I'm using check boxes for each piece). Could you please let me know what is the best way to accomplish this task.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,
September 07, 2018, 01:56 PM
BabakNYC
What determines Display v. Hide? Do you want to click a button to hide a segment or does it depend on something in the data.

We can help you a little more effectively if you give us a specific use case.

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows
September 07, 2018, 04:24 PM
Jarves
I have check boxes created on HTML page for all these 8 subheadings. If select 4 check boxes and click submit button on my HTML page, a PDF report should generate with subheading and descriptions which are selected on the HTML page. Since the content is static, I want to store it in a permanent hold file and read the data from permanent hold file with parameters passed from HTML page and display it on the report. I'm not sure how to create a permanent hold file and load the static content.
September 08, 2018, 09:16 AM
Frans
There is no advantage to store this data in a holdfile just because it's static. Just define a list in the HTML page, unless you have issues with the size of the GET request.

If you want to create a masterfile, easiest way is to upload a Excel file using the file upload utility.

Test: WF 8.2
Prod: WF 8.2
DB: Progress, REST, IBM UniVerse/UniData, SQLServer, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, Greenplum, Athena.
September 11, 2018, 04:12 PM
Jarves
Thanks Frans.. Excel upload worked for me.