Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     SOLVED: Calling a fex from a web page

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
SOLVED: Calling a fex from a web page
 Login/Join

posted
Hello,
I've searched the forums and haven't anything specific to the issue I'm trying to overcome.

We built several reports using Info Assist that we need to call from our University web pages. The web pages are secure, since the users will have already logged in prior to calling the reports. We're also ok with requiring them to authenticate a second time when they log into the BI Portal to run the reports (not ideal, but they're accustomed to it with our old reporting tool). However, we'd like them to go directly to the report they've called, after completing the BiP login form, rather than having to navigate through the folder structure to find it.

I can build a URL on the web page that does this, mostly. We're not passing any user parameters, so it's pretty straightforward, just using the same URL that is built when running the report via Info Assist:

https://ServerName/ibi_apps/ru...BI_random=1234.56789

If the user has not previously run any Info Assist reports in that browser session, the URL first takes them to the login and after that takes them to the report page with the user parameters and all is well.

However . . . if they have previously run a report, then logged out, that very same URL will raise a subtle "Unsecured" error in the browser when they click on it. I've seen this in Chrome, IE and Firefox. It appears to take them to the report page, with no login, and without any user parameters displayed. I found that doing a browser refresh does then take them to the BiP login screen, and then directly to the report after logging in.

So, what can I do to avoid that extra "refresh" step? Is there something that I'm missing in the URL itself? Or a configuration setting I should change? It only happens if the user had previously used the browser and logged off of the Bi Portal, so is there something that needs to be cleaned up in our logout?

Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Gail North,

WebFocus 8.2.02M
Windows 64-bit

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
It may be related to client configuration setting for EXPIRE_REPORTS and/or CACHE_CONTROL (and potentially other settings)

Admin console / Configuration / Client Settings / General

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007

Posts: 2409 | Location: Montreal Area, Qc, CA | Registered: September 25, 2013Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Bravo MartinY!

The CACHE_CONTROL setting did the trick in our case. Once I set it to no-cache (and cleared the temp files from my browser), we got the clean link and login as desired.

Thanks so much for your quick help!
Gail

WebFocus 8.2.02M
Windows 64-bit