Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Multilayered Report
 Login/Join

posted
Greetings all I am new to focus, after reviewing documentation and the forums i have a question i would like help with if you guys have a chance. I am creating a multilayered report based on two categories of data accts. The report works on a rolling 12 month and a ytd format the below is the layout.. I can calculate each value separately i just dont know how to put them together
category 1
Data Acct p1 p2 p3 p4 p5 etc...... curytd priytd var
11111 10 5 3 5 4 ........ 30 10 20
11345 7 4 5 4 4 29 12 17
etc...............................
Total other 10 10 10 75 50 25
Total category 1 10 10 10 150 100 50
Category 2
same as category 1 just different accts

This is a rough rough version of what i am looking to create.

Thanks for your assistance

~Thanks for reviewing and providing assistance to me~

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
So you are sorting first by account category then by account with subtotals on category.
TABLE FILE ACCOUNTS
SUM P1 P2 P3 CURYTD PRIYTD VAR
BY CATEGORY
BY ACCOUNT
ON CATEGORY SUBTOTAL
END

Is this what you're looking for?

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Darin, Sorry I was horribly vague .. Within Category 1 there are 6 sections.. to get from category 1 to 2 i will just use the report component for pdf's. My question is largely centered around category 1.
First their are ~30 data accts i am only looking for the top 5 by year to date variance.
those five are then displayed with the rolling 12 periods of data (section 1) next to that is their ytd data (section 2) Then i display all the remaining to a summed value for the same periods as (section 3) and that ytd info next to it as (section 4) then i display total category data per period as (Section 5) and YTD next to that as (Section 6)
acct P1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12| CURYTD PRIYTD Variance
1 |
2.............................(Section 1)| (Section 2)
Total other ................(section 3) | (Section 4)
TOTAL ...................(Section 5) | (Section 6)

If you think it is easier to do all together that is great for me.. I am doing each section separately now.. and wanted to compile and then do the same process for the second category and then use the Component detail mentioned in the post about combining components and preparing PDF reports.. I would enjoy yielding to everyones expertise here as i am quite impressed with most of the code solutions i see on here.. that and i tend to over complicate and over design at times..

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
thanks for the additional info. I have a report that basically does the same thing, sorting claims by accident category, then showing the highest five categories and summing all the rest. Looks something like this:
TABLE FILE CLAIMS
SUM CLMCNT NOPRINT
RANKED BY HIGHEST TOTAL CLMCNT
BY ACC_CD
ON TABLE HOLD AS RANKCNT
END
-RUN
DEFINE FILE RANKCNT
NACC_CD=IF E01 LE 5 THEN E03 ELSE 'ALL OTHERS';
END
TABLE FILE RANKCNT
SUM CLMCNT AS ''
BY NACC_CD AS ''
END

E01 here is the column ranking, E05 is the accident code
Then you can still use subtotals, etc.
you probably want to compute the variance anew rather than pull the value from the hold file.
Sections one and two are just fields that you have defined/computed. (detail for highest 5) Sections three and four are the same fields (all others summed). Sections five and six are just subtotals/recomputes

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Darin

Thanks a ton.. the code works perfect Smiler