Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     A TYPO in the CAR file data?!

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
A TYPO in the CAR file data?!
 Login/Join

Virtuoso
posted
Since the founding of the company, the CAR file has been around, like, forever. I am struck with awe that for the first time in all my years of using the CAR file I see there is a TYPO in the WARRANTY data for the 504, 4 Door Sedan Peugeot from France.

The data says:

12 MONTHS ON 12000 MILES

The data SHOULD say:

12 MONTHS OR 12000 MILES

Does anyone else see this?

Thanks!

Mickey

FOCUS/WebFOCUS 1990 - 2011

Posts: 995 | Location: Gaithersburg, MD, USA | Registered: May 07, 2003Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Yes it's there and I've never noticed it.

Wasn't Gerry spearheading a move to stop using the CAR file for sample code?

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Yes, I believe that's been there from Day One.

I've also wondered why Warranty, which has zero or one instances per Car, isn't in a U (rather than S1) segment.

Posts: 1925 | Location: NYC | In FOCUS since 1983 | Registered: January 11, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I also noticed that a while back. So are you not counting the $8,878 Jaguar as a typo?? I always wondered how I might be able to get cars at the IBI discount. Smiler

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post
<JG>
posted
In 1975 $8,878 was what it would cost you guys over the water to buy an E-Type.
To buy the same car today in concurs condition you are talking about $40,000 plus.

What has always seemed strange to me though is that the CAR file has never had any
US cars in it.

Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Strange? No! Way back in 1975, European cars were the rage...

Daniel
In Focus since 1982
wf 8.202M/Win10/IIS/SSA - WrapApp Front End for WF

Posts: 1980 | Location: Tel Aviv, Israel | Registered: March 23, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I remember a presentation on Summit given by Noreen where she told us there was a discussion within IBI to upgrade the CAR database with new modern cars at prices more like the actual level.....
She stated to leave the company if that would be done.....only because now she could buy a new Jaguar for less then 9000 U$....
Big Grin

Frank

prod: WF 7.6.10 platform Windows,
databases: msSQL2000, msSQL2005, RMS, Oracle, Sybase,IE7
test: WF 7.6.10 on the same platform and databases,IE7

Posts: 2387 | Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands | Registered: December 03, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
ha!
"one of us who remains unnamed" once found a way to hack in to somebody's exposed site and he MODIFYd their CAR file...
hahahahahhaha

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post