Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     User and Server variables

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
User and Server variables
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Hi

Does anybody know what I have to do when I want to receive the Windows userid and servername as a (&)parameter in my application?

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Use SEARCH button above and type USER for many posts previous asked question.

Kofi

Client Server 8.1.05: Apache; Tomcat;Windows Server 2012
Reporting Server 8.1.05; Oracle; MS SQL; Windows Server 2012

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Kofi

I did some search but in mainline i found that you have to put the following lines in site.wfs file:
IBIC_user(pass)
IBIMR_user(pass)
So i did and restarted the Apache Tomcat 6.0 server. But when i display the variables with a applicatie i see &&IBIMR_user is blank and &IBIC_user is filled with Kg== this is not the user.

Then i used -SET &USERID=GETUSER('A60'); and
-TYPE &USERID this gives me the USERID but when i do all above on the server i get SYSTEM for userid but now I want to see de logged on user.

Any idea what I'am doing wrong.

Gold member
posted Hide Post
As far as I know, to get your windows user ID you need to be in SSO environment.
Then, you can use Ibimr_remote user variable. To check if remote user is being captured or not, you can login to admin console, go to utilities and check http info.
You should be seeing your ID under the remote user variable.

7.7.01,windows2008 R2

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Try this ......

-? &
-RUN
-TYPE
-TYPE IBIMR_user = &IBIMR_user
-TYPE IBIC_user = &IBIC_user
-TYPE Server = &SERVER_NAME
-EXIT

Posts: 196 | Location: London, UK | Registered: December 06, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi,

First I started the admin console and looked for http info under the Utilities tab but I could not find it the only options I can find are :
- WebFOCUS Client
- 3rd Party Information
and Client Selection

Second I tried using :

-? &
-RUN
-TYPE
-TYPE IBIMR_user = &IBIMR_user
-TYPE IBIC_user = &IBIC_user
-TYPE Server = &SERVER_NAME
-EXIT

But the result is all blanks and the following error message : (FOC295) A VALUE IS MISSING FOR: &SERVER_NAME

Why is it that difficult to get the parameters, are there more suggestions?

Expert
posted Hide Post
You can have "many" environments, PROD, DEV, QA, PROD_BACK_UP, etc. within a WebFOCUS environment, BUT, only 1 Administrative console.

You need to set the Server variable on the Reporting Server for that environment.

See this thread...

Tom Flynn
WebFOCUS 8.1.05 - PROD/QA
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Posts: 1972 | Location: Centennial, CO | Registered: January 31, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Admin Console > Configuration > Custom Settings

You must put code here to have the MRE User ID as a Dialogue Manager variable.

Here are some of the values I pass as Dialogue Manager variables:

<set> IBIC_user = &IBIC_user (pass)
<set> IBIWF_language = &IBIWF_language (pass)
<set> IBIWF_LANGPERM = &IBIWF_LANGPERM (pass)

<set> IBIC_server = &IBIC_server (pass)
<set> IBI_REPORT_SERVER = &IBI_REPORT_SERVER (pass)

<set> IBIMR_user = &IBIMR_user (pass)
<set> IBIMR_domain = &IBIMR_domain (pass)
<set> MR_BASE_DIR = &MR_BASE_DIR (pass)
<set> IBIMR_folder = &IBIMR_folder (pass)
<set> IBIMR_fex = &IBIMR_fex (pass)

# --- HTTP Header Variables ----------------------------------------------------
# --- Documentation: http://documentation.informati...02/wf77sec/index.htm
# --- WebFOCUS Security and Administration > Manipulating WebFOCUS Variables > HTTP Header Variables Available for Script Processing

# Information that follows the question mark (?) in the URL
<SET> QUERY_STRING = &QUERY_STRING (pass)

# IP address of the client that made the request
<SET> REMOTE_ADDR = &REMOTE_ADDR (pass)

There are many more HTTP Header Variables - see the documentation I quote in the code above. I tend to put every conceivable variable in here (unless I've been asked not to for security reasons) and I have asked for a new feature request to add more MRE related variables...

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Hi Francis,

Added the server settings:

<set> IBIC_server = &IBIC_server (pass)
<set> IBI_REPORT_SERVER = &IBI_REPORT_SERVER (pass)

They both come back with EDASERVE in the environment I am supporting; do you get something different?

Depends on what mrm is looking for, but, THANKS for those 2 settings in site.wfs...

Tom Flynn
WebFOCUS 8.1.05 - PROD/QA
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Posts: 1972 | Location: Centennial, CO | Registered: January 31, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
This is what we have in the application I currently work on:

IBIMR_user=&WF_REMOTE_USER

<SET> IBI_REPORT_SERVER(PASS)
<SET> IBIC_server(PASS)
<SET> IBIMR_fex(PASS)
<SET> REMOTE_ADDR(PASS)
<SET> REMOTE_HOST(PASS)
<SET> SERVER_NAME(PASS)
<SET> SERVER_PORT(PASS)
<SET> SERVER_PROTOCOL(PASS)

I did not code this and it looks like the IBIMR_user code is not complete - it does not get passed as a Dialogue Manager variable. We should have included IBIMR_user (pass) in our code.

&IBIC_server is EDASERVE
&IBIC_user is the admin user id
&REMOTE_ADDR and &REMOTE_HOST are the same and I think are the WF reporting server IP address
&SERVER_NAME is the web server IP address

(We're in a Single-Sign-On environment)

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Francis,

Thanks

I used your setting it finaly works but still no user id are there more suggestions.

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
You can start by turning security on somewhere. The values you are getting suggest that you are running the server unsecured, and are probably running your app server in a non challenge mode. If there is no implicit or explicit request for the inbound user id, then how do you expect to determine who it is?

"There is no limit to what you can achieve ... if you don’t care who gets the credit." Roger Abbott

Posts: 1102 | Location: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: May 26, 2004Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi,

I have been searching for a option to change the security but i could not find it?

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Start simple.

Are you using a web server as well as an app server? e.g. using IIS (w/ redirect) and Tomcat.
Are you using MRE and the IB Dashboard?
What Platforms are you installed on?

"There is no limit to what you can achieve ... if you don’t care who gets the credit." Roger Abbott

Posts: 1102 | Location: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: May 26, 2004Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi dhagen,

We use WebFOCUS Developer Studio 7.7.1 (no MRE and Dashboard) on a Windows XP/7 platform no IIS only Tomcat.
I'm not sure what you meen by web server / app server. WebFOCUS has been installed as a client (local) and as on a server.