Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     How to format for an across report?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
How to format for an across report?
 Login/Join

posted
So I don't know if I am going about this the wrong way but here's my scenario, looking for an idea of how to execute. I am thinking to somehow create a define that labels each row but then it would have to break based on the Part Number? Is that possible?

I have quotes for parts, my user wants an across of most recent four quotes listed by part number.

Data Received
Part Number, Quote Date, Quote Amount
Part A, 1/3/2015, 10
Part A, 1/2/2015, 11
Part A, 1/1/2015, 15
Part A, 12/31/2014, 12
Part A, 12/30/2014, 13
Part B, 1/3/2015, 20
Part B, 1/2/2015, 21
Part B, 1/1/2015, 25
Part B, 12/31/2014, 22
Part B, 12/30/2014, 23

Expected Result:
Part Number, Quote Amount by most recent four dates

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Part Number | Date 1 | Price 1 | Date 2 | Price 2 | Date 3 | Price 3 | Date 4 | Price 4
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Part A | 1/3/2015 | 10 | 1/2/2015 | 11 | 1/1/2015 | 15 | 12/31/2014 | 12
Part B | 1/3/2015 | 20 | 1/2/2015 | 21 | 1/1/2015 | 25 | 12/31/2014 | 22

WebFOCUS 8.105
Windows/Server 2008 R2
HTML, Excel

Master
posted Hide Post
Check below example.

TABLE FILE EMPLOYEE
SUM
SALARY
BY DEPARTMENT
BY HIGHEST 2 HIRE_DATE
END

Posts: 542 | Location: Dearborn, MI | Registered: June 03, 2009Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Hi Darryl and welcome to the 'point

Whilst Ram has given you a starting point, what it doesn't cover is that you want these as an across. Neither does it hint at the problems that you will encounter if the last 4 quote dates for each individual quote are not the same.

Use Rams code as a base to sort your quotes by part by highest date, but add an additional COMPUTE to number the occurrences of the quote so that you can a) restrict the number of dates held and b) order them correctly in your subsequent ACROSS -

SUM QUOTE
    COMPUTE Q_INDX/I4 = IF PART NE LAST PART THEN 1 ELSE Q_INDX + 1;
 BY PART
 BY HIGHEST DATE
WHERE TOTAL Q_INDX LE 4
ON TABLE HOLD AS TEMPHLD1
END
-RUN
TABLE FILE TEMPHLD1
SUM DATE
 BY PART
ACROSS Q_INDX NOPRINT

This will give you an idea of how you might code this type of request but may need more work on this basic example.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you both for your input. What I was looking for is exactly what Tony A provided in this one line of compute code!

quote:
COMPUTE Q_INDX/I4 = IF PART NE LAST PART THEN 1 ELSE Q_INDX + 1;

You just saved my sanity and opened up so many other concepts in my mind, how can I buy you a coffee/tea to help you keep up the good work!!!

Suhweeeet! Good One

WebFOCUS 8.105
Windows/Server 2008 R2
HTML, Excel

Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:
how can I buy you a coffee/tea

If we've saved your sanity then that is mission accomplished. Smiler

Of course, if you wish to increase my caffeine levels then you can always try and locate me at one of the Summits (not the US one this year though - just the UK).

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
You got it! The next time I'm in the UK for sure caffeine's on us!

WebFOCUS 8.105
Windows/Server 2008 R2
HTML, Excel